And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

This is all great info! I am very impressed with Intel's Conroe. Now to just let time do it's thing and after Vista comes out and AMD's answer to this and.... :) Owning a PC is going to be very interesting in these next few years.:cool:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sold ...spent the better part of this morning reading the whole thread and I can tell you my head is spinning, but I believe I am jumping the fence ...have been an AMD fan for a loooong time and now that I have like about $1500.00 on the ole CC to use, I am definitely going CONROE!!! Wait till I tell the guys over at the other forum I belong to ...can hear the jeers and cheers already ... :P Well, Happy, keep up the good work and keep us posted, as I believe you will. Thanks for all of your hard work ... it sure made it easier for me to finally decide :D

PS: I am of the 60-75% percentile you wrote about and I am glad that you gave us recognition ... :)

I'm sold ...spent the better part of this morning reading the whole thread and I can tell you my head is spinning, but I believe I am jumping the fence ...have been an AMD fan for a loooong time and now that I have like about $1500.00 on the ole CC to use, I am definitely going CONROE!!! Wait till I tell the guys over at the other forum I belong to ...can hear the jeers and cheers already ... :P Well, Happy, keep up the good work and keep us posted, as I believe you will. Thanks for all of your hard work ... it sure made it easier for me to finally decide :D

PS: I am of the 60-75% percentile you wrote about and I am glad that you gave us recognition ... :)

if you got the cash, spring for some X1900XT Crossfire for that Conroe

I haven't even started testing Crossfire X1900's yet (still testing single cards), but I can assure you a single X1900XT is super fantastic...and I've always felt that Crossfire worked better on the Intel platform than it has on any of my AMD64 stuff...

Is there any motherboard that currently supports SLI or Crossfire with the conroe and if not do you guys happen to know when maybe to expect one.

The Infinity 975X/G natively supports Crossfire, and apparently some people have Sli working on it using hacked drivers.

There are a lot of other boards that support Crossfire (from varying companies) and only a few that support Sli (though apparently they don't do a very good job).

No clue when a DFI Conroe-Sli board will be out.

I have 1 question ( sorry if it sound dumb ) but how did the power supply hold up with all that stuff running on it...It just does not seem to be as power hungery as the AMD chips??

Can't say anything for Travis, but mine seems to be straining much harder.