What fluid for wc setup?

carholmes

I've been saving up for a water clooling system. I've done alot of research and read alot of opinions, but the one thing i haven't seen alot of reading material on is fluid. I'm hoping one of you WC'ing gurus whould school me on this.

When it comes to fluid there is alot of choices out there, so can you guys recommend me a couple. Thanks

If any of you want to see what components I've picked out:

Storm Rev 2

DD Maze 4 for GPU

DD Black Ice GTS 240

Clearflex 60 1/2 ID 3/4 OD

Swiftech MCP 655

Single 5 1/4 bay res

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not my knowledge here but the boys here at dfi suggested water wetter which is an automotive cooling agent which also lubricates parts on the way round which ill be giving ago when Ive finished my setup, eventually!

not my knowledge here but the boys here at dfi suggested water wetter which is an automotive cooling agent which also lubricates parts on the way round which ill be giving ago when Ive finished my setup, eventually!

Water wetter has a chelating agent that forms a presipitate in contact with some impurities. I use it in my motorcycle it is a great product I just dont like it for watercooling though it should not cause problems for most system though it can cause an annoying sludge on the inside of the tubing. google the MSDS amd it should be clear. If you do use water wetter pleas use the recomended amount your computer is not a specal snowflake it does not need 1000 times as much as a sports car like some try.

Distilled water is the best but I add just a bit of antifreeze(car antifreeze, green), just to give it some lubercation properties and color, not to keep it from freezing, LOL. Have been runnig for 6 months now and did a cleaning last week. Not one bit of sluge and no slime at all. I would think that the antifreeze also keeps bacteria down too. Just a little bit, like ratio of 10/1, 10 parts water to 1 part antifreeze. Works for me!

If you want additives that are pre-mixed Fluid XP is the best period....followed by MCT-5 / 40, Fluid XP and MCT products are both non-conductive making small leaks easy to clean up, if you looking for cost effective, Zerex and Distilled water...