NONE MORE "off topic"

Guest Halvis_merged

Speaking as a member of the youth generation "Generation iPod", I have to say that classic rock is making a comeback everywhere. From America's suburban high schools to our campus'es of higher education. Its becoming almost "fashion" to wear a Led Zeppelin shirt and its definitely becoming the "hip" thing to do.

On the top 10 most discussed music on the GA Tech Facebook network this is what it looks like:

Georgia Tech

Music

1. Coldplay

2. Dave Matthews Band

3. Jack Johnson +2

4. The Beatles

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers -2

6. Weezer +2

7. Led Zeppelin -1

8. The Killers +5

9. Radiohead +1

10. Green Day -3

The top 10 music for all Facebook looks like this:

Music

1. Jack Johnson

2. Coldplay

3. DMB

4. The Beatles

5. Green Day

6. Led Zeppelin

7. The Killers

8. Fall Out Boy

9. Red Hot Chili Peppers

10. Sublime

Its called Facebook Pulse and basically it takes the most listed things on profiles and does tallys them. Facebook is fairly representative of colleges across America considering the userbase is into the millions and almost every single person I know has a facebook at college.

More stuff from Facebook Pulse:

First an intro about Facebook Pulse taken from Facebook themselves:

"What is Pulse?

Pulse shows popular listings and trends on Facebook in the last seven days.

It is updated daily at 6am PST."

For music genre's. "Classic Rock" is currently listed 16th most listed music at GT. This list also includes Bands, Singers, and of course genres. So for a genre to be listed 16 is very impressive. Several classic rock bands are listed in the top 20 such as Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

ah yes..being one of about 50 white kids at my school of 1400, i have to say my music isnt very popular. everyone knows about the lasting bands like tool, audioslave, and coldplay..but then i ask them about dream theater, cake, or metallica and they are like 'wtf?!' ...

i find it odd that they can sing to every song on the radio, yet have trouble finding what X is in a simple 2-step equation. i must agree, good music will last, but its the unknown bands that really make an impact on me. like, say, dream theater. if you ever have time, check out their album Train of Thought, its the best cd ive ever heard.

ah yes..being one of about 50 white kids at my school of 1400, i have to say my music isnt very popular. everyone knows about the lasting bands like tool, audioslave, and coldplay..but then i ask them about dream theater, cake, or metallica and they are like 'wtf?!' ...

i find it odd that they can sing to every song on the radio, yet have trouble finding what X is in a simple 2-step equation. i must agree, good music will last, but its the unknown bands that really make an impact on me. like, say, dream theater. if you ever have time, check out their album Train of Thought, its the best cd ive ever heard.

My favorite CD right now, Rediscover's "Call Me When You Get This" and Alesana's "On the Frail Wings of Vanity".

Rediscover imitates the style of Hellogoodbye and Okay Go! while Alesana is much more hardcore.