For all those people who play BF2... PoE!

Sorrento

Haha, yep I had problems with the password too... as in "how can that be that large? it has to be "BIGthanksTOeveryoneWHOhasSUPPORTEDus" " :D

Played the game yesterday, and I have to say YIKES!!!! Grrr to those German Jaguars :mad: and their eurofighter helo :mad: :mad:

The Mobile Artillery is Awsome, and some kits can locate a spot and call for artillery strike......... nice.

The new RPG's are cool, but the most nasty thing I found is the new snipe rifles... nasty nasty nasty. And there are several "pick-up kits" lying around base camp, from Anti-Vehicle rifle, to a silenced full-auto snipe rifle.

I haven't tried the Shilka yet, friend tells me its nasty against troops :D

It is...:D But against helo's as well. No AA-missiles though.

I LOVE the restrictions put into the game:

• Not allowed in non-capable base anymore. You'll get the same treatment as when you leave the battlefield....
  • That German and Ukranian super-sniper-rifle (10 shots to kill a Euro Tiger) requires prone to be able to shoot
  • Commander only has Crates to drop. No Arti, no vehicle, no UAV, no Radar!! :D
  • more to be found... ;)

Some other things I've seen:

• Tanks have 2 types of shells: Sabot, against armoured vehicles (2 shots for an APC, most of the times 1 for a helo), and Head for cars, personel and buildings. Also, Gunner seat is internal, so you can't get shot out...
  • Hind gunner no longer has Gun, but 4 AA-missiles :D, and 4 AG-missiles. Hind pilot now has 64 missiles :eek: along with a 30-mm canon.
  • Stinger-missile!!! :D One of those "pick-up kits"...
  • Static AA-guns pick off a helo in 3 seconds flat...

All in all, it's much more tactical than BF2. You need to be wary all the time or you'll be cannon fodder...

Greetz!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is mobile artillery... which can be used for close shots (visual range) or for other people requesting Artillery runs; top 3 kits have binoculars to call for artillery.

There are these pick-up kits everywhere around main base. Yep the Stinger is one of them, and it is going to be nasty.

Just flew the Foxbat........ and yikes, its super fast with the afterburner, but it ony has anti plane/helo weapons. The big Ukranian attack helo is super nasty and armored.

Ohh, there are also some AA batteries around some bases, around mountains and stuff... these have these super strong shells... not sure if they can take down a plane, but surely will shoot down a helo.

I seem to have sorted my Battlefield 2 stuttering/lagout at the beggining of a game!!!!!

Since I have changed my pagefile back from 2560mb to the windows recommended setting of 1533mb it has not happend once. I also reinstalled the game on a different drive. So pagefile is now 1533mb on system C:/ with the game being on D:/

I now have hope for patch 1.4.

Also the server support for POE seems excellent already, there are almost as many servers as for Special Forces.

Highway to Hell... Jesus Maria y Jose!!! Its really a "highway to hell" :eek:

That map has everything... I think it needs more trees to hide from planes and helos, hmm i think there is a map just like that :D

Lots of "Karkand" maps in Poe2... for all those "die a gzillion times" lovers. I just love to be able to start-finish a game with out dying, which of course its impossible with Poe :mad:

600 kb/s???? :eek:

My download speed is 220 kb/s... and my upload is just 90 kb/s... and I am happy... hehe. I just started downloading it from Internode Australia one day and by morning the download was done... now all I need is for people to shoot at someone else in the game, since even my team mates are shooting at me!!! :mad:

Well its 2048/768 kbps connection... and I am paying the most out of the whole deal from the upload alone, since all the other cheaper slower packages have a 128 to 256 kbps uploads only. Its ADSL, I wish it had faster upload but 768 kbps is more than enough to do all the stuff I need to do.