For all those people who play BF2... PoE!

Sorrento

Point of Existance... a free super huge mod for Battlefield games, the BF2 version is about to be released in... 4 days 9 hours 51 minutes 23 seconds :)

http://www.pointofexistence.com/

I played the BF Vietnam one and it made that game look exactly like BF2, sort of... the BF2 version can only be great.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this a new patch for battlefield 1942 or for BF2?

PoE is a patch for every Battlefield game out there, except BF2... but they are about to release it after probably a year of development.

They, Hypernia, are not related to Dice or EA, this is a completely independent Mod. Check the DivX trailer, its quite good to see the new tanks, helos and AA batteries :)

What are you sayingMC FLMJIG??? Right now I don't see any multiplayer game that comes close to BF2... I just played for an hour at Dragon Valley with 63 other players, hehe and got a very nice K/D score (29/4) :D

I've had the game a while... getting bored. I still play but I only really like 3 maps.

Karkand, Sharq and Mush. I can't stand air! lol

I'll play others but this mod might be interesting. There is another mod coming out too. BF 2142 (or watever)! lol

I've had the game a while... getting bored. I still play but I only really like 3 maps.

I agree that with you on that statement....The big problem is the insane balancing issues....2 or 3 good pilots will dominate a game...and generally speaking if your on the wrong side you will be the one getting dominated....

The other thing I dont understand is the lack in power of the US vehicles...but thats a totally different topic for another day...

Either way the mod looks pretty nice...Im just curious as to how many servers will run this..?

No, the problem is not that.......... its the Plane WHORES... plain and simple... and sorry for saying that word btw. They stay around Wake airfield or US Carriers its just sick... and when you see them take off you think "who told them they could fly?"... ohh, and sometimes they TK you to get inside, and if you are inside they either AT missile you or stand in front of runway so they punish you for TK'ing them... :mad: PLANE WHORES I say :mad:

I am a great pilot, I am in any flight sim there is (from old RB2 and 3D, to EAW to IL2 Sturmovik with all its upgrades and LOMAC) and I am in BF2, with its "kiddy" mode... but I don't fly unless I need to stop the J-10's from messing up the game. Just being decoy, hehe because the stoopid F35B is such a flying brick in comparison... but thats enough just to make them busy, and I am such a hard to hit target they just leave the ground forces alone.

I think every map has its own. I like Dragon Valley, but Daiqin Oilfields is IMO the best map... and Wake is like a little of each map in its own. The one that reminds me of Omaha Beach in WW2 is Karkand, a very nasty and blody battle in every corner specially at the start of the map... and of course Mashtuk City, the funnier one because its such a mess. Oman is still good IMO, there the F35B can survive a little longer against the Fulcrum... and the ground battle is big enough for any kit you want to use. The Armored Fury maps are all ok, but I still don't know them well enough... while the Spec Ops ones I just don't get, specially that night ugly one.

The US vehicles are not bad... its just that some, like the sand buggy, are just too light. The Humbie is the strongest along with the MEC Combi van... the APC are all the same (armor), but some have stronger amunition, while the weak ones fire at faster rate. The US Tanks however are really weak, but with them its easy to aim because the turrets gave gyro balancing and while moving they stay on target. The F18A is the strongest plane in the game, but you only see it in maps where there are ground airfields... the attack helo is the fastest lightest one, while the chinese one is more balanced, and the MEC one is just too heavy. The big planes are all the same: slow and not very manueverable like their real life counterparts.

Aren't you two complaining because you get killed a lot?? Don't stand still, move!!!! :D

No, the problem is not that.......... its the Plane WHORES... plain and simple... and sorry for saying that word btw. They stay around Wake airfield or US Carriers its just sick... and when you see them take off you think "who told them they could fly?"... ohh, and sometimes they TK you to get inside, and if you are inside they either AT missile you or stand in front of runway so they punish you for TK'ing them... :mad: PLANE WHORES I say :mad:

I am a great pilot, I am in any flight sim there is (from old RB2 and 3D, to EAW to IL2 Sturmovik with all its upgrades and LOMAC) and I am in BF2, with its "kiddy" mode... but I don't fly unless I need to stop the J-10's from messing up the game. Just being decoy, hehe because the stoopid F35B is such a flying brick in comparison... but thats enough just to make them busy, and I am such a hard to hit target they just leave the ground forces alone.

I think every map has its own. I like Dragon Valley, but Daiqin Oilfields is IMO the best map... and Wake is like a little of each map in its own. The one that reminds me of Omaha Beach in WW2 is Karkand, a very nasty and blody battle in every corner specially at the start of the map... and of course Mashtuk City, the funnier one because its such a mess. Oman is still good IMO, there the F35B can survive a little longer against the Fulcrum... and the ground battle is big enough for any kit you want to use. The Armored Fury maps are all ok, but I still don't know them well enough... while the Spec Ops ones I just don't get, specially that night ugly one.

The US vehicles are not bad... its just that some, like the sand buggy, are just too light. The Humbie is the strongest along with the MEC Combi van... the APC are all the same (armor), but some have stronger amunition, while the weak ones fire at faster rate. The US Tanks however are really weak, but with them its easy to aim because the turrets gave gyro balancing and while moving they stay on target. The F18A is the strongest plane in the game, but you only see it in maps where there are ground airfields... the attack helo is the fastest lightest one, while the chinese one is more balanced, and the MEC one is just too heavy. The big planes are all the same: slow and not very manueverable like their real life counterparts.

Aren't you two complaining because you get killed a lot?? Don't stand still, move!!!! :D

Oh dont worry I do my best to not get killed a lot...for the most part I do my best to at a minumum keep it 1:1 for K/D...but normally its around 3:1....all depending on the map...or my mood...of course I like to stand and fight I get sick and tired of watching a bunch of frigging Rabbits and Frogs hopping around my screen only to dive or duck or dodge any and all bullets being fired at them....and Splash damage doesnt work so well...I hop in a tank hit a wall right next to a guy like an inch above the guy and yet he still gets up and runs off...for a little while...until I finally kill him...but then its always too late...

My game is mainly sniper and Spec Ops...I like to blow . up....and I like to kill people...

When I played a lot the highest I ever was...was 3,000 with the sniper...I was in my prime I guess...I really just got back into it again...so yeah I get killed more than I used to but I still hate the fact that I normally get stuck in an Attack chopper that does more dodging of missles than killing of ground troops...thats why I dont care for a lot of the pilots out there...you I might make an acception for...

I love ground. I usually do well. It's just I might be moving along and doing well and here comes a bomb out of nowhere and BAM... over. LOL

Guess I'm a baby but I just don't like air. I don't even have desire to learn... but may have to just to get final awards.

I love the intensity of the ground. Seems more action. You almost never see planes going down but that is fair i GUESS... even in true war it's like that.

If one doesn't like it just play certain maps... 1.4 supposedly has a new map but hearing not too many like it... who knows.

I love ground. I usually do well. It's just I might be moving along and doing well and here comes a bomb out of nowhere and BAM... over. LOL

Guess I'm a baby but I just don't like air. I don't even have desire to learn... but may have to just to get final awards.

I love the intensity of the ground. Seems more action. You almost never see planes going down but that is fair i GUESS... even in true war it's like that.

If one doesn't like it just play certain maps... 1.4 supposedly has a new map but hearing not too many like it... who knows.

Yeah there was also word out that you can decide what vehicles are used and how many or something like that I dont know....I just hope it makes the game better....so many bugs for so long....Its time we get a version thats solid all the way through

It's been said that BF2 was actually a test... a test we had to pay for... a test to get bf 2142 right... I doubt but anyway we'll see. I dunno abouch mechs...

I need knife to go up rank.. but i really suk with knife lol