Unlocking Multipliers

Anonymous1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GripS
So, is this a photoshop job, or did this guy actually use an x11 multy on an Opteron 165?

If it is legitimate...does anyone know how this is done on a S939?

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=78027

Doesn't look legit. Opteron 165 has a max multi of 9. Unless that user knows something the rest of us don't and he was able to somehow unlock the multiplier. Probably photoshopped.

I figured it was photoshop, but i never really looked into if it could be done on S939. So I started looking around and pretty much all I found were people asking the same questions as me. I find this and i'm like "WTF, why cant I find out how to do that?"

CPU-Z Verified my butt.

I figured it was photoshop, but i never really looked into if it could be done on S939. So I started looking around and pretty much all I found were people asking the same questions as me. I find this and i'm like "WTF, why cant I find out how to do that?"

CPU-Z Verified my butt.

Never believe CPU-Z screenshots like that. Take the CPUZ verification ID number and plug it into their database to see the real stats. (See the link in my sig, for example.)

No way to fake that one.

I have yet to see a shred of evidence to support this idea. but it is interesting nonetheless.

Another story we have seen is the kid that left his venice beside the ashtray for a couple months, and when he put it back into a motherboard it was unlocked ala FX-57.

Today I read about how to unlock the conroe's using the BadAxe and a "MFG" jumper point. These stories are always floating around.. show me some proof!

You can't photoshop a CPUz Verified database entry. The data is gathered directly from CPUz and posted to their site.

I can tell you that the processor is not "unlocked" or had any special modifications done to it either physically or through software manipulation.

I can tell you that the CPUz Verified info is correct and the processor is actually running with an 11 multiplier.

I can't tell you how it's done because it's very dangerous and has caused CPU failure in some attempts.

If you choose to attempt this, the info to make your Opteron use a higher multiplier is out there.