How many languages can you speak?

jazzpicker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA!!!!... I can't even speak Spanish well, and certainly can't speak or write or read English well either... Me no English, and sometimes No hablo Español either :P

LOL, Sí, Puedes hablar y escribir el inglés perfectamente! ¿Te diste cuenta?

Anyone that has made 2 thousand something posts about something as difficult as computer overclocking has both languages under control.

;)

English

Took Spanish for like 10 years from 1st grade up into high school. Always had horrible teachers so I never cared enough for it and hated learning it. I can understand it enough and read it, writing I'll run into grammer errors and speaking I'm far from confident. I can understand it if its spoken slowly enough though, so I think I'd be able to eventually get by in a Spanish speaking country.

I can count to eight in Korean and used to know a few command phrases and stuff from Tae Kwon Do, forgot a good amount of them though.

Learning a bit of Japenese now through Goju Ryu, karate class I'm taking at school. I wanna learn a language for real because I want to now, not because of being forced into a class and having horribly awful teachers.

My typing online, I use a lotta (<--) shorthand and stuff. For papers and stuff, heh, well, one of my teachers handed a paper back to me making a comment that I shouldn't write the way I did because it was too structured and correct, didn't make much sense to me.

Know some C++, l33t sp34k, and BSing and all that good stuff.

People say Math is a language too, being an engineering major, I'm learning a lotta that stuff.

My Dad spoke 4 languages and some of his friends could speak 6 or 7, but the rule in our house was we are American citizens and will only speak English. (I grew up in the 1950’s & 60’s.)

Obviously, I speak English. In elementary and junior high school, I had to take French (6 ½ years). In high school, I chose Latin (1 year) over Spanish or German and it drove me nuts.

The only time my studying French offered any value was when I was growing up. On a vacation, our family went to Quebec and stopped at a restaurant. The waiter sized us up as American tourists and treated us rudely. Although he spoke English, apparently, he felt we wouldn’t understand his side comments in French. I told my parents what I thought was going on but they decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. After 40 minutes of excuses and being ignored we left.

Now, 40 years later you can take my knowledge of French and say au revoir, which kind of matches my sentiments towards France.

Where did you get that notion from?

I was joking... I think it came from watching the news and seeing crazy people burn harry potter books in Arizona back when the first movie was screened :)

But the truth is the anti-foreign climate in the states is pretty much the worse right now than ever before, and quite frankly I still don't understand where it comes from :confused: