220 CFM 120mm Case Fan by Delta

I have a Delta Tri-Blade low speed, 75.93 CFM, 34 DBA, sitting on my SI-120. It's keeping my cpu at 33C with the temp. offset in bios at +10, in a room that has to be at least 78F. At 75 CFM it moves a lot of air in my case. I can't even see 220 CFM, or anything close to that in a computer case.

Loudness is somewhat subjective for me. In the article you linked to it said the noise appeared to be solely related to the air movement. There's no mechanical whine or anything, that I've ever heard with it. When I first got it I noticed the noise from moving all that air, but quickly got used to it. That's why I say it's subjective, my ears are more sensitive to the slight whine in my VC-RE, when it get's above 3000rpm, than the Delta. I can actually hear a slight click in one of the fans on my Enermax, over it.

I'm not saying it's a quiet fan, but it's a nice trade off between noise and cooling.

The article also states the Delta Tri-Blades are by far the most durable and quality made fans there is. I believe it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know what to think about that. It doesn't even sound possible. They must be pretty new, I tried to find reviews on them, and didn't come up with much except a couple of guys saying they didn't seem to be pushing that much air, or seem as quiet as stated.

I'm looking for a good 80mm or 92mm to point at my graphics card from a hard drive bay, so I think I'll take a chance and order one. They better be good, they're expensive little f******.

Even if they're inflating the numbers somehow, you wouldn't think thay could get away with being off by too much.

I'll be keeping an eye on em', and if they're as good as they claim, my case will be full of them.

Do yo guys honestly think this company can make a fan that blows 78cfm at only 14dba? Thats a funny joke. Dont buy them there the same as all the other fans there around 30dba. I fell for it to and ordred one. I know there that loud because I also have two nexus fans at 21dba and the silentx fan is loluder by quite a margin. Dont pay big bucks this company dosent have some secret technology that nobody else can do by some sort of aerodynamic wind design that makes them almost totally silent. Basically a 80cfm fan you can figure around 30dba of noise. Everyone is pretty close to the same. Dan

There is an inherent amount of noise involved in moving that amount of air, and I can't see how any radical new technology, could reinvent the wheel enough to more than halve the dba levels.

Still, this company has a hefty set of balls, to make the claim to have the "Best airflow to noise ratio in the world" and to be able to move 72cfm at 14dba.

You're the 3rd person I've read that's reported their claims are BS. I was going to order an 80mm out of curiosity, but I think I'll just hold off for now.

why dont you people just install your AC in your window.. leave it on. close your room door and open your case door..

i mean.. 65db.. seriously.. i rather hear my AC brrrmmm sound when the compressor comes on.

got a pair of these last year:-

Delta 120mm Focussed Flow Fan (EHE) (FG-003-DE)

Delta offer more performance than anyone thought possible with the new 120mm Focussed Flow Fan. Pushing an incredible 190CFM the Delta 120mm Focussed Flow Fan offers the highest cooling performance currently available. Please note - this fan is not quiet! MODEL: FFB1212EHE

- Speed - 4000RPM

- Output - 190 CFM

- Decibels - 59dBA

- Dimensions - 120x120x38

When throttled back they sound great, like a big motor bike idling.

BUT on full load THEIR A BIT LOUD:)

They pull to much power to be wired to most fan controllers which they'll burn out,yet alone a mobo:eek:

Coudn't get them working with speedfan so they've been collecting dust.

like DJSickWithIt i use the silverstone Silverstone FM121/122 at least these have the fan control knob:)

Edit:

The fan i mentioned isshown on p 8 3rd from bottom of the table the fan is rated at 2A 24Watts while the average fan controller is rated @12~18W. May have a look at them again in conjunction with T-Balancer bigNG with Dual Mode evedently the fan can be programmed in steps that will also be used when os is booting etc. so will tame these beasts.

Do yo guys honestly think this company can make a fan that blows 78cfm at only 14dba? Thats a funny joke. Dont buy them there the same as all the other fans there around 30dba. I fell for it to and ordred one. I know there that loud because I also have two nexus fans at 21dba and the silentx fan is loluder by quite a margin. Dont pay big bucks this company dosent have some secret technology that nobody else can do by some sort of aerodynamic wind design that makes them almost totally silent. Basically a 80cfm fan you can figure around 30dba of noise. Everyone is pretty close to the same. Dan

True dat, its all based on how the fan companies measure noise. In the case of Nexus, its measured according to ISO standards whereas SilenX does not conform. Nexus FTW...

MrJimmyC

Dont touch the SilenX. They use bogus quotes on their specs for both dBA and CFM. SilentPCReview site (the most respected by silent PC nuts) refuses to review or promote their products anymore because of SilenX's dodgy practices.

In short.. they are louder than quoted and pump basically no air.

MrJimmyC

Is just 1 of the many adverse user reports i've seen.

seems some fan manufacturers are getting like shonky psu manufacturers:D

Thats to be expected form that kind of cfm. Like we were saying no matter what the claims, with that amount of air flow the resistance between air and the fan blades is going to give you a certain decible. All pretty close with a few diffrences based upon the pitch of the blade and design. Dan:D

Guest thespin
SilenX iXtrema Pro 120mm x 38mm 14dBA 72CFM Quiet Fan here:

http://www.eastluna.com/hardware/details.php?id=1186

I purchased one (mostly for the novelty) but haven't installed it yet. However, if a fan is pushing air past an obstacle, say an aluminum filter, there is going to be a lot of noise caused by the obstacle - which will negate quiet fan operation. The fan must also be isolated from the case (flex mounts).

If it proves to be silent at max speed when I am just holding it, then when I do install it (as a case fan) with rubber mounts, I plan to cut a 120mm hole in the case and not install a filter. I so hope you guys are wrong ... :)