• Samsung 940B - non-Wide
    • Samsung 940BW - Wide

ok, my turn to ask question :P

http://www.samsung.com/ca/products/monitor...p?page=Features

19", wide screen

or

http://www.samsung.com/ca/products/monitor...s19habkbxaa.asp

19", non wide-screen...

i was leaning towards the widescreen coz...well its newer model, 4ms response, n it looks cool lol, but the contrast ratio is only 500:1....

edit: its HDTV/HDCP ready too....

the non wide screen has 8ms, not wide (duh) and maybe its just me, but the bezel looks thicker...

but the ratio is 700:1...

other thtan that, theyre identical... and no, the wide-screen is NOT bigger.... its just wider but not as tall...

dont suggest anythin else coz these 2 the only ones my budget can afford... NCIX.com has them for sale for $250CAD and i thought id...ehm....give myself a b-day present

Thank youuuu

thx soundx :)

well, i understand how u feel michael, but im upgrading from 710N, regular 17"... so it shouldnt be too short..... i believe.....

my biggest (if not only) concern would b the 500:1 ratio. my 710N got 600:1 and its 2yrs old.... altho i do noticed widescreen got worse ratio than regs... is 500:1 really that ugly or i wont see any difference??

I don't think you'll see any difference with the contrast.

Response time wise, between 4 and 8ms response, I doubt you'll see a difference even when gaming. 8ms response is very fast and will not ghost at all in games nor movies.

500:1 is not bad for a contrast ratio. its when you start getting 350:1 or less that it starts looking bad. i would personally go with the regular 19" if it were me. oh, and happy b-day! glad to see im not the only one who buys myself b-day gifts, lol.