Overclocking Video Cards

Some_Guy_

What I mean is, by how much do you usually overclock a card? What's considered "good"?

My GF3 ti500 is running @ 275/580 (stock is 240/500) and it's rock solid. Upping the core any more garbles everything, so I've obviously found the limit of my setup. Mem will go a bit more, but I don't see a performance increase past 580.

So, am I doing really well, just average, or quite poor?

each setup has its max... maxing out is always gets u the best of that kind. not like its gonna always be that great, but its up to you to try it and see if its worth the extra mhz. you gotta think about the life:speed ratio to figure out the quality. Personally, if u cant oc too much, then dont do it... if you can go high, then do it (for me, i do it when i need it and not when its useless).

ya i have a question, do u have to worry about anythig being in sync when u overclock video cars or can u over clock the ocre clock frequency and memory clock frequency individually?

and post how far any one has got the geforce4 MX 440 128 (i want a new card)

No, you don't have to worry about the mem and core being in sync. I've got a 120 mhz memory increase and a 75 mhz core increase on mine, but it has a huge amount of cooling. I've seen anywhere from 20 mhz on memory and 30 mhz core on my old AIW 7500, to the large and noticible increase on my GF3.

dont touch any GeForce 4's except the top Ti but even then go for an ATi Radeon..

i have a GeForce 4 MX440 (64Mb) and pushed the core and mem to as high as i can without artifacting in games (i get a bit of wierd behaviour in windows though) and only OC when I am gaming as the windows artifacts are annoying

I cant get mine over 265/570. So I'd say your doing pretty good. What do you have AA,AF, and everything else set to? And what king of GF3 is it?

My AA and AF both are set at "application". All of the performance/quality sliders are set in the middle.

It's a Visiontek 6964 (ti 500) with a TT crystal orb cooler.

dont touch any GeForce 4's except the top Ti but even then go for an ATi Radeon..

that's cuz the geforce 4 mx wasn't really a geforce 4. it was closer related to the geforce 2 mx than anything else. it was priced well but performed horribly. that was why nvidia took a step back and released the geforce 4 ti 4200 after they said no to it (priced with the mx460, but 50% faster)