Need HELP: First DFI build

Guest RJB_merged

HELP

As stated this is my first DFI and OPTY build. I am not new to computers ( my first one was a Radio Shack you build 8080 that I overclocked to 4 mhz!!.

I Have followed the best build guide that I found ( At this forum ) and followed it.

The system shows the two yellow led's when i turn on the ps but when I push power the 4 red led blink for about a half second, the fans try to start and then everything stops.

I have cleared the BIOS, Tried a "normal" 512 ram module and even removed the vga card nothing helps. PLEASE HELP.

Yes I have All the plugs in the power supply is new.

I removed the CPU and powered up and the 4 led's stayed on for 3-4 seconds. Is ther any way that this could be a BIOS/CPU compatibility problem?

also once you get it booted to bios your next headack is

A-Data Vitesta PC4000 - Hynix D43//Hynix D5/Samsung TCCD

If your real lucky and have the TccD chips your lucky if not well them hynix can be a real pain in the yeah

BIOS/CPU compatibility problem? The board will run even with old bios before dualcore it just didn't reconize it as a dual core. Try the long cmos clear as the testing you have done without cpuinstall and such is not good.

It dosn't even get to the memory The diag led's stop at 4 for less time than it takes to start the fans. The ADATA ram is 2x 1Gb Thus it can't be Hynix D43//Hynix D5/Samsung TCCD.

I believe that it is the same as the G.SKILL PC4000 F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ .

Anyone??

I am stuck, and could use some advice.

The Liberty 620 is on the list for SLI. Since I am only using one card is the 500 ok???

Guest caffeinejunkie

I know theres been a good number of people on here having issues with the 620w enermax so the 500w could be your problem. Really with what your describing it can really only be two things. It's either the PSU or the motherboard with it more than likely being the PSU.