The Nvidia 7900 series overclocking thread

Interesting, how high is the temp when running at full load? If i remember correctly the highest i noticed it going while playing games etc was 55-60c. Though that was the built in monitor i used to record the temps, no idea if its accurate at all.

[Edit]

Tempted to get a second card when i get my other 1Gb of ram for SLI... mmmm oblivion.. though my case is a bit crowded as is... :(

Also.. am i just really lucky with my card or am i going blind cause ive not seen any artifacts yet at all and everything seems to be fine? Would be about time though i have horrible luck with everything else lol

yeah simlar results here with regards to Temps I get a max of 65c under load during the very hot weather we have had here in the UK , I think mine is just a rotten Ocer, I couldnt get anymore out out of my memory neither, bit gutted cos i had set my heart on getting at least 700Mhz out of the core but nevermind, it plays anything I can throw at it with max detail settings so I guess i'll be ok till the second gen of DX10 cards

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you guys seem to be getting good scores with your new 7900gtx and infineon memory but mine is only giving me 9099 points in 3dmark05 with a 721/930 OC, watercooled & load at 50C idle at 33C. That's horrible scores if you ask me.

I've done the 1.55v Mod, haven't touched the Mem voltage, but hitting at 700/825[1650] w/Zalman VF700Cu full speed. It's not bad but if anyone seen my overclocking issue you'll notice that i'm running into some problems. Anyhow the memory voltage is on stock (2.02v) and when i give it 2.1v it really doesn't like high voltage. Besides these 1.4ns memory are rated at 1450 and i'm hitting 1650 not bad don't you think? :)

lol

you sure that isn't ThunDa's vid card???

That is one of the mosfets that should of been under a copper ramsink. Damn that looks bad! Sorry for your loss man....

Guest Brehon

Using coolbits, it will only let me get the core clock frequency to 538Mhz, what can i do so i can get it past that, without doing one of those volt-mods( i am not ready to do a voltmod just yet). Thanks. The stock core clock was 500Mhz.

Using coolbits, it will only let me get the core clock frequency to 538Mhz, what can i do so i can get it past that, without doing one of those volt-mods( i am not ready to do a voltmod just yet). Thanks. The stock core clock was 500Mhz.
Check for stability first, as coolbits often only lets you go so far for a reason. Then you could use ATI-tool (for both oc'ing and stability testing), or Powerstrip.

I have managed to push my card to 740/960 :) with 1.55 core volts and 2.1 memory volt, thats it on my card, and I am running a modded aoc cooler 47c idle and the max load at 62c. I have allwas had good luck with BFG cards.

i got it on 1.4, didnt really tried 1.5+ becoz it made the fan goes CRAZY! (im a silentPC kinda guy :) ), but got the core up to 645 without any artifact on ATItool....

i have the new infineon ram, but they dont clock that well... lowered it to 780 (from stock 790) so it can pass artifacts on ATItool........ i'll try the mem-voltmod later.... im not sure how these infineon boys will take it... i hope not negatively....

oh, while im at it...

modding the 1.5 requires connecting another point to ground, and that point has NO component on it, while the newer 7900GTs has a component...... does that matter?