The Nvidia 7900 series overclocking thread

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mike todd

You need to enable the 'coolbits' reg entry. It should be on the driver disk that came with your card, under something like 'overclocking utilities'... that'll add the tweaking tab to the Nvidia menu.

If you can't find it there, it should be on 'nZone' somewhere, or just google 'coolbits':)

Posted at another forum but didnt get much help so here you experts here can help. Also have a issue of my CS:S fps is worst with this new card. I had 60-110 avg 80 with my old card and 60-100 avg 70 with this new card? Wierd?

Ok guys, I finally got to upgrade again and replaced my Sapphire gto2 to a EVGA 7900gt KO. I got the gto2 and learned to unlock and oc w/ atitools that bad boy all here @ Techpowerup! and here I am again for suggestions/recomendations. Can I use atitool to oc it as well? What core and mem over clocks have people here gotten? I believe its 500/1500 stock clocks. Volt mods easy? If so what gains? Aftermarker cooling options for this card? If needed.

Thanks in advance.

By the way I got my gto2 oced faster then xtpe It rocked! but time for a upgrade.

Finally did a 05 bench and got 9565 @550/1600. Seems I can't oc much more and this card runs hot :/. My impression of the card is a lil disappointed but will play more tomorrow. My old gto2 scored 6500 in 05 and gets better fps in cs:s. SOOO Disappointed.

Update: oced 580/1620 and got 9936 05 better fps in cs:s. Getting happier. Now on to the aftermarket cooler search and the voltmod. I WILL get my value out of this card.

5032 on 06

Update: Finally volted modded (1.55v) and isntalled a VF900 and got 712/851 and my 05 score is 10851. Pretty nice score. Wish it would translate better in CS:Source in more fps but it on does marginally better then my old card. I am wonder if my cpu is bottolenecking the fps. Tested in Sandra and I'm faster then a fx-57 theoritically. SupePi low 31sec or high 30sec if I tweak timings.

Ive got a XFX Geforce7900GTX,

Got it running at 725/1850 at the moment just through riva tuner with just the stock cooling on it. Anyone else got one of these and if so what have you got it running on before overclocking it? (By OC i mean volt mod etc if you can tell me).

Cheers

Got the 7900GTX, max stable OC was 690Mhz core (700Mhz caused artifacts) can run memory 850Mhz (1700Mhz effective), not really tried for more on the memory as it made very little difference on the benches,, so 247 i run it at 671 (ie G71, i like quirks like that) and 1700Mhz memory runs Oblivion nicley although without AA but never mind it still looks awsome, love the card just sick that the price dropped about £100 less than a week after i bought it and then the 7950GX2 cam out at less than i paid for the GTX, never mind

Edit: gonna try for more on the memory later on tonight will post results

Got the 7900GTX, max stable OC was 690Mhz core (700Mhz caused artifacts) can run memory 850Mhz (1700Mhz effective), not really tried for more on the memory as it made very little difference on the benches,, so 247 i run it at 671 (ie G71, i like quirks like that) and 1700Mhz memory runs Oblivion nicley although without AA but never mind it still looks awsome, love the card just sick that the price dropped about £100 less than a week after i bought it and then the 7950GX2 cam out at less than i paid for the GTX, never mind

Edit: gonna try for more on the memory later on tonight will post results

Interesting, how high is the temp when running at full load? If i remember correctly the highest i noticed it going while playing games etc was 55-60c. Though that was the built in monitor i used to record the temps, no idea if its accurate at all.

[Edit]

Tempted to get a second card when i get my other 1Gb of ram for SLI... mmmm oblivion.. though my case is a bit crowded as is... :(

Also.. am i just really lucky with my card or am i going blind cause ive not seen any artifacts yet at all and everything seems to be fine? Would be about time though i have horrible luck with everything else lol

• 2 weeks later...