The X1900 series overclocking thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the blurry loader screens as well (in 3dmark05 I think) but the scenes themselves looks normal.

Here's my benches of my X1900XT (flashed to XTX) at stock XTX clocks:

3dmark06: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=372915

3dmark05: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2098646

And when it comes to changing the coolers from stock, I'm getting the Zalman vf900-Cu. I read alot about both the vf900 and the accelero2 (x1k version) and the accelero got a lot of complaints. The only thing it had going for it was silence. The vf900 got highest scores on the other hand while still being silent. But I have no 1st hand experience.

I'm ordering a Zalman though, the stock cooling is horrible and it seems that the automatic fan controller just doesn't work. My card can reach 90c without the fan spinning any faster and that's definitely not something I like to see. I tried ATI Tool but DAMN, the fan sounds like it's going to explode when it spins up. So the Zalman is going on the card as soon as it's arrived.

ive got two Accelero X1's on two X1900XT's and they are fantastical

my only complaint is that they push air out to the bottom instead out of the back of the case =(

other than that, they definitely are silent and they definitely are cool, and they definitely work very well (i have excellent case airflow anyway)

I definitely need to get a new case. My current one is so stuffed nowadays with hellish cables. When I bought it it was enormous, now it's cramped and messy. I've got two intakes on the front and two exhausts on the back but I doubt the air flows particularly good since there's tons of junk in there. And in this damn summerheat (30c+/86f+) my machine just melts. I want one where the drives aren't even near the motherboard. Currently it's quite difficult to even connect the powercord to the X1900XT since the HD's are in the way.

btw, the RAM modules on the X1900XT/XTX's are usually graded 1.1ns. 1000/1.1=909. In theory, the RAM on the cards could be run in 909 as it's nominal speed. I guess the problem to bring the RAM up to ~900MHz is the PCB itself. Any knowledge about this?

btw, the RAM modules on the X1900XT/XTX's are usually graded 1.1ns. 1000/1.1=909. In theory, the RAM on the cards could be run in 909 as it's nominal speed. I guess the problem to bring the RAM up to ~900MHz is the PCB itself. Any knowledge about this?

mine are doing 846 without too much problem (my exact settings are in teh first post or second post of this thread)

keep in mind I have full DangerDen "Tyee" waterblocks on these cards:

http://www.angrygames.com/pics/cases/stacker_xfire-1b.jpg

I am having some difficulties. Perhaps not entirely the cards fault, but 3DMark05 gets an error when I try to load the test. The error says something about the 3d device being lost.

BF2 Crashes to desktop. Haven't been able to join a game yet. Really old version though.. and it doesn't seem to support 1280 x 1024 in this version :P

CS:S and Hitman Blood Money seem to really fly though. Zero problems and smooth as butter.

I'm wondering if any of that is due to the new monitor, video card, or a badly configured setup. Any suggestions?

ok, if anyone has any excellent links, info, tutorials, etc that aren't covered by these two threads, or enhance these threads linked in the first post, please post them here.

Also, I would like everyone to use this one thread to discuss and post their top clocks and scores etc

(be mindful of the forum rules when posting images!)

my X1900XT:

default @ 625/700

CCC max @ 690/790

ATI Tool max @ 745/846 (so far)

1.550v gpu

2.151v MVDDC

2.086 MVDDQ

1.535 VDDCI

Whats ur 3Dmark03/05/06 scores? Your CPU is running same speed as mine. I just wanna compare against 2 X 7900GT 512MB SLi.

Thanx

Okay, this x1900xtx doesn't bench much better than the nvidia but it SMOKES it in real life apps. It caps at the Vsync 60Hz 99.9% of the time unOCed in CoD2! I could barely pull playable 30FPS with the 7900! So worth buying...

Whats ur 3Dmark03/05/06 scores? Your CPU is running same speed as mine. I just wanna compare against 2 X 7900GT 512MB SLi.

Thanx

i dont run 3dmark benchmarks unless I am putting the rig in the Stock Speed Database or Overclocking Database

so you'll need to look there for my benchmarks

but remember that these synthetic benchmarks are absolutley worthless to compare to real games that utilize much much more than just a pre-defined graphics routine (and even pre-defined AI and pre-defined physics)

playing a real game that has random graphics (depending on where you go and what you look at in the game), random AI (again depending on your actions) and most importantly random physics (what if you don't blow up that tank this time? What if you blow up 4 tanks instead of 1 this time?) is the only real sense of how good a game can be.

I can tell you that I rarely dip under 60fps in Oblivion unless in serious outdoor areas or in a huge fight...and I have the graphics cranked up pretty high.