The X1900 series overclocking thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cat 6.3 is actually very good, only 6.8s are better in my opinion, but ati tool doesnt work. videos actually play, but some games dont even start. 3dmark is always fine, but games just cause a black screen and a restart after about 20s. another really freaking weird issue is that my memory just gets deadlocked at 774. not one increment higher. ive tried every voltage combination possible, but it always fails the artifact tester. weird that it gets stuck at the xtx's stock mem, especially since i have a xtx bios on my xt, its like the driver doesnt want to let me go any higher... but the core overclocks just fine. weird stuff... i heard ati tray toools is going to support x1900s soon, but who knows if ati takes care of that as well...

The new version of ATI Tray Tools when released will work fine on x1900 seies (overclocking) with versions 6.3 - 6.8. It still will downclock on video playback with any driver higher the 6.3. If the extra speed is needed, alt-tab out and reset the clocks.

Wow, I'd love to overclock my X1900XT but it seems the only purpose would be for benchmarking, since I still can't find anyway to overclock it that is viable for everyday use.. very frustrating. Whose idea was it to make things de-clock? We want overclock :P

because ati tool is such a buggy program. it doesnt let games start, it freezes, and as of lately i had to completely uninstall it because it kept showing artifacts on startup with any sort of oc on my cpu. thats right, who needs prime, we could have ati tool tell us whats stable and whats not... anyways, hes right, with all these problems, whats the point of a 10% oc that we wont notice...

I agree. ATI Tool is buggy. Maybe you will change your mind when the beta version of ATI Tray Tools is finished. I've been having excellent results with it using the last several driver versions.

i will be overjoyed with a stable overclocking tool. even if its a 10%, ill take it,i dont like leaving stuff stock, lol. its just that there was no negotiating with ati tool. everything else doesnt even have a point, winclk or ccc loosen the timings so much that the clock speed increases get negated... one question is does the artifact tool in ati tray tools as hyper sensitive as the one in ati tool?

I've never experience problems with the artifact scanner in ATI Tray Tools. Even using ATI Tool I would use the scanner in Tray Tools for preliminary testing.

The problem with ATI tools is when you get close to instability, instead of the artifact scanner showing errors it just crashes and goes to a blank screen and would then after reboot ur pc, and the only difference with the latest beta version is the screen would come back to after 5 seconds, with default clocks which tells me that the VPU recovery has just taken place, then you just have to increase the core volts and start again!

The problem with ATI tools is when you get close to instability, instead of the artifact scanner showing errors it just crashes and goes to a blank screen and would then after reboot ur pc, and the only difference with the latest beta version is the screen would come back to after 5 seconds, with default clocks which tells me that the VPU recovery has just taken place, then you just have to increase the core volts and start again!

That's the problem I've alway had with ATI Tool and x1900 series cards. But the scanner in ATI Tray Tools works flawlessly for me. In the current beta version I'm testing the find max clocks feature also works without problems.

Current beta version of ATI Tray Tools. Works much better then ATI Tools beta 14 or 15.

traytoolsv2.png