The X1900 series overclocking thread

I though I would post here instead of Software since this only affect us x1900 users.

I've been testing a beta version of ATI Tray Tools. Overclocking, fan control and gpu voltage adjustment all work. Basically anything that can be done on the older ATI cards can now be done on the 1900 series. Profiles work like a charm with the exception of voltage adjustment (at least on my system). Although the voltage setting appears to be saved with the profile when the profile is selected the voltage stays at its current value. I'm sure this fixable though.

The question I'm sure everyone has I don't know the answer yet. 3d downclocking with post 6.3 drivers. I've been testing with Omega 6.3 only. In the next day or so I'll load up official 6.7 drivers and so what happens.

Update: 2d/3d voltage switching is working. Right now I know of only one minor problem.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello 1900 owners!!

i just got my Asus X1900XT too and started playing with ATItool.

First thing I did was replacing stock cooler with a Zalman VF900 and then I installed the card.

Well I guess something went wrong because I´m having really an hard time OCing. Right now I am testing the core alone and I´m barely stable at 655 with 1.425 vcore !?

After starting the rolling cube in ATITool temp will quickly reach a max of 77-78°, I think those temps put overvolting out of the game. Anything over and PC freezesblackscreens, no artifacts just crash.

I havent tryed OCing the mems yet but the core situation is sad. I really was expecting something more. Maybe i messed up with the Zalman installation, i hear people getting really nice temps with this cooler.

Hmm i have the same trouble, just need to increase the VGPU Volts, mine are on 1.5 @ the mo and the card is running @ 675/800, But crashed when i tried to take it to 700, although it did scan for arty for 5 min+ will now try them @ 1.525 volts fingers crossed!

I would stay @1.45 vcore for daily use.

These cards run the core pretty much at his limit, to gain even a few Mhz on it they require significant overvolt which makes no sense imho.

The fact that even the new x1950 will have the core clocked at 650 is indicative.

Mems are a different story I think, at least if yoy are lucky enough.

After all they are 1.1 ns.

Just done a system restore, not sure if my problem is with the new 6.7 drivers, anyway using 6.5 again and just going to install ATI Tools again and see what happens, never had this problem with the 1800XT, when reaching the limits on there i would get artifacts and then i would back off, it never crashed to a blank screen once, so will report back soon!

You also have to remember though, that while ATiTool supports these cards, it just started supporting them in the last beta release so its not as compatible as it could be where as the 1800's i believe are fully supported.

You also have to remember though, that while ATiTool supports these cards, it just started supporting them in the last beta release so its not as compatible as it could be where as the 1800's i believe are fully supported.

ahh, that could be it then, going to try some other programs instead!, Although others seem to be having great success with ATi Tools and it’s the only program that I know of that will let you adjust the Volts! Thx all the same M8!

Edit; P.S is it worth me flashing my card to the XT-X? and if so will you pls point me in the right direction for the bios and program to flash it with, Thx :D

Im pretty sure it wont be a prob for you, but before you flash you need to be certain that your card has 1.1ns memory, it will indicate this on the memory chips itself. I took the stock cooler off to put some as5 on the core and checked my mem at the same time.

Here Is The List Of BIOS's

Hmmm...i remember reading a nice tutorial on how to flash but i cant find it anymore. I will look around a bit more and edit this post when i find it.

My room ambient sits around 21C, often lower not often higher. That really helps. When 1st got the card and was using ccc to oc it, i noticed that it barely turned the fan up at all during long gaming sessions. When i looked in ccc at the temps, it was around what you were reporting. Once i setup a custom fan profile to something that balanced cooling and noise, i was set. I will run a few loops with 700-800 clocks to see what my max temp reports at.

How on earth are you people getting above 700/800 with the stock cooler? I've got mine running stable at a few MHz below 700/800, but at insanely high temps that probably aren't good for my card (106C Voltage Regs / 87C GPU). :S

Artic Cooling Accelero X2 Cooler with some AS5 set the fan control up in ati tool and away you go, the Artic Cooling Accelero X2 Cooler is silent even @ 100% speed and it keeps temps down too! on my 1900XT i will let you know when i do some more benchies etc but so far its cool but not that quite!

Just got this new X1900XT like a week or two ago, so like with my other ATI cards before (X850XT, 9800XT) I head straight for ATItool, v0.25b14.... now, I read all the stuff about how the ATI service is used to switch the card between 2D and 3D modes and how this conflicts with ATITool, so I disabled the service, restarted, installed ATITool, setup my profile with the correct voltages, fan speed, core clock and mem clock, etc. I set it up perfect, and everything is going fine.... I can play games, monitor my temps, and the games are looking awesome, and I'm having no crashes in any 3dmarks or games. But then I go to open up a video file... instant lock up. The screen locks, then 15-20 seconds later the monitor loses signal and the comp has to be restarted.

Now I freak out for a day, trying different drivers, etc, til I realize it's ATItool doing this... when I uninstall ATItool the comp is mysteriously fine again and I can play any video file I please...

I've looked around for people with this problem and it seems many people think that starting with the Catalyst 6.4 update ATITool no longer works for X1900XT, even with the disabling of the ATI service... some even speculate that perhaps ATI purposely broke ATITool starting with Cat 6.4 (who knows)... so now I'm resolved to do away with ATItool for my X1900XT for the time being... now I'm looking for the better alternative to ATITool which can overclock and monitor temps for me. I really hate having this $350 video card sitting in my comp without knowing what kind of clocks/voltages/temps it's running...

so if you don't use ATItool, what do you use? Or do you guys actually have better luck with ATITool then me? heh.