The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you know how much the coupon is - and how much is the vista - ?

i got a $100 coupon from HP - been having problems with them - but i still dont know if its worth it - depends how much vista is to begin with -

if its 400 - i wont buy it even with the coupon - thats crazy

i am using the 64 bit now ultimate and figured out how to keep it going with out activating it - but if i got a good deal i would just buy it --

I will get a retail copy of vista right away. I did that with xp and Im still using that copy. If I buy a retail copy of Ultimate on jan 29th it will last me til the next os come out 2-3 years, I will get my money worth. But that's just me. I dont like waiting to hear what bug are in there, I just deal with them when I find one.

how much would it cost - do you have any idea -

i hear about 400 for the top version - Ultimate - and it will be the 32 bit version also -

i dont know how they will sell them - both versions on one cd or you have to choose between 32 or 64

do you have any idea

thats good at least - but still 400 is alot of money -

i have a 100 coupon from HP to use - but i would like the full stand alone version --

if i get the upgrade version only from HP - i got a hp notebook - i can upgrade it - but would i be able to upgrade my desk top also with that HP upgrade disk ?

Guest SuppA-SnipA
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16832116169

This copy is a little cheeper and the same thing with vista upgrade!

newegg doesnt ship to canada : oh and plus i dont really fancy buying stuff online, i like to get up off from my chair and go outside to a store :)

Vista Ultimate Full (not upgrade) in Canada would be about 500$ YIKES

The Windows Vista Express Upgrade program is available to PC makers and system builders, and customers who wish to take advantage of this offer will need to ensure that the PC they're buying offers the upgrade through the manufacturer. Confusingly, the offers will vary from country to country. More confusingly, PC makers can set the terms of the upgrade, so the offers will also vary from company to company. Microsoft says only that the Vista upgrade can be offered for "free or at a discounted price (shipping and handling charges may also apply)."

Here's how the upgrade will work. Microsoft will provide PC makers and system builders with upgrade discount coupons for Windows Vista that they can offer to their customers. In the US, for example, the following upgrade paths will be available:

Free (or nominal fee) upgrades...

- From Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to Windows Vista Home Premium.

- From Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition to Windows Vista Business

- From Windows XP Professional x64 Edition to Windows Vista Business 64

Upgrades offered at a 50 percent discount off of the retail price...

- Windows XP Home Edition to Windows Vista Home Basic

- Windows XP Home Edition to Windows Vista Home Premium

Linkage ----> http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/Articl...94011.html?Ad=1

Windows Vista SP1(codenamed Fiji) hotfixes appear on Microsoft's site

vistasp1.net has posted links to six hotfixes set to appear in Windows Vista SP1 (Service Pack 1) codenamed Fiji.

All six fixes can be obtained via Microsoft Support if you can prove that you are indeed having the problem listed.

The site links directly to Microsoft KB articles that describe each problem in Vista.

929734 - You may experience problems after you resume a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep or from hibernation

929191 - IBM and Lenovo computers may take longer to start Windows Vista than computers from other manufacturers

929550 - When you connect a PCI ExpressCard device to a portable Windows Vista-based computer, the device may not work correctly

928188 - Ink programs may not work correctly on a digitizer in Windows Vista

929478 - After you use the Safely Remove Hardware option to remove a built-in optical drive from a portable Windows Vista-based computer, you may be unable to reconnect the drive

929577 - A Bluetooth device may no longer work correctly when you wake a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep

928253 - SATA optical drives are not available after you start a Windows Vista-based compute

http://www.vistasp1.net/

Hey...

Thats good to know...I have a few of those issues....I was hoping to see if they would release the Audio fix for the sound...I have been working with my connection but not getting much done...I am going to try loading a XP driver...I will install it and run in in XP compatability to see if it will work and resolve the issue... if not... well audio quality really suffers...;)

I dont know if any of you have tried to install something that wouldnt work...you can try right clicking the install file and install it under xp compatability and run the exe in the same...;)