The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raid does work on RTM and NF4...you need to use the Advanced drive options to load it and correctly implement it... OR you can set up the raid under XP (I think still) and swap to the vista disk on the reboot...

There was a guide at another forum I frequent and some one supplied a step by step raid how to...but the Admin saw fit to delete it a week ago...lol

I did get 27 updates today via automatic updates...1 was hold em' poker game and a new Nvidia audio codec....but it didnt do anything for sound options...still 2 channel for me...

I have went so far as thinking I would un-install MP-11 and install MP-10 under xp compatability to see if that doesnt help sound and video quality...;)

EDIT..Uncledavid...make sure you run the memory diagnostics from the dvd (or boot menu if you dual boot) Vista is somewhat picky on ram...

now that vista is for sale, I've added the prefixes and can happily remove this thread from sticky (as I have no intention of supporting nor even installing this weak OS but you guys will finally have the forum section to use for Vista junk instead of just this one thread)

my suggestion is to completely forget Vista for as long as possible (90 days AFTER Service Pack 1 is released)

there's no reason to go to Vista

all of you think there is, but there isn't a single good reason for it.

Think of how fine you have your XP rigs tuned...tell me what Vista can do that XP cannot (and don't even start with that DX10 nonsense).

If you just got to have it because you got money to burn then that's cool I guess.

I'm not going to move to Vista for probably 12-24 months.

It's too buggy and weak, and eats up way too much resource, and doesn't offer anything but horrible headaches, problems, and the DRM thing is really frightening.

no, I'm going to stick with XP-32 as long as possible (DX10 be damned because it is not necessary at all, and I have this feeling that MS will cave and release DX10 for XP)

Same here! I don't see why I would need VISTA right now. Wait another year and they will have a SP or two out and than we can talk about it. :)

done. purchased the Ultimate OEM version for $250CAD on NCIX.com. My office gladly expensed it after i explained i need a copy to 'investigate' in this morning meeting :)

i will create a new thread on the review out if it as soon as i got it, i hope u guys dont mind... i have a RAID system and an Expert board, so hopefully its ok to create new thread to help other members (and myself) in setting one up ;)

thank u peeps!

ps: after reading the 2 posts above in this page (lol) seems like the vibe is still pretty negative around here... i guess ill point out that i was on that boat too for 1 big fat main reason: gaming. but now since i barely play any game n use my computer to do work stuff, listen to winamp, msn messenger, and downlo...er.... stuff.... plus my experience using the BETA one has been, great, to say the last, has made me think that i really could use the prettier interface and easy networking :)

will create a new thread on the review out if it as soon as i got it, i hope u guys dont mind... i have a RAID system and an Expert board, so hopefully its ok to create new thread to help other members (and myself) in setting one up ;)

Please take notes of drivers used, I know a lot of people that now have the Expert board (me included :P ) and the only thing I am worried about is the drivers for my motherboard, I can handle not having the drivers for my G15/CopperHead for a month of so.

Cheers.

will do ;)

seems like ill be using alot of Vista's default driver, excluding the new Forceware 100.xx that came out just today. my biggest worry is Creative Audigy. My copperhead should be fine tho :)

actually, RAID is my biggest worry lol

There are downloadable drivers for the Audigy 2 ZS for Vista on the creative website, I haven't tried them though.