Major problems overclocking Venices!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so Spacehead - are you any further on with this overclock. have you got it stable past 2.4 yet?

I have lost interest a bit, but ....

2,44 Ghz now, Vcore is already 1.65V. Maybe I'll try to try if 2,4 Ghz would be Prime stable.

Well, from my experience it does help some, but in your case I don't think that is your limiting factor. Even mine gets pretty high under load, probably around where yours is without a box fan blowing into my case, long story so don't ask. I wish I knew where that thing is located so that I could find a better way to cool it. I see other people with there's around where there CPU temps are, but mine has never been that low.

It surely don't work with any other voltages than default vcore , and only with 7 or 7.5 multi!!

I tried 10x240 and it booted to WinXP but was very unstable!! There could be more potential with this CPU, but I have absolutely no ideas what's wrong!! Could you guys figure something out??

maybe is bad luck,

I have same problem, my venice 3200+ is very estable with prime95 at 2450mhz

But I cant get stable 2470 with prime..

i try many configurations, bios, and memos, voltajes..

now I am using patriot mem pc3500 LLK,

1:1 10x250 super pi is stable 32MB, but not prime,

mi board is DFI-LANPARTY UT ULTRA-D

your PSU isn't up to snuff so legally, I can't help you.

Have to sell my butt then to get new PSU. DAMNIT I bought this for 89 euros and thought it would last for years. **** DFI with their powerhungry MBs. And RTFM, it says that you need at least 400 Watts Power Supply , and that is what I have , period.