Major problems overclocking Venices!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a really good analogy of electricity using plumbing (water)-

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/electricity.htm

Maybe this will help somebody on here.

that guy in the link has the same erronious analogy as the first one .typical example,a car battery with a low charge will have 12.4 volts and may not start a car,because it doesnt

have enough amps,which is typically 120 amps to turn the starter.a fully charged car battery has 12.6 volts but will start the car numerous times because it has a 120 ampere hour rating.all your psu rails have the same voltage rails they have always had.12-5-3.3

the only thing that makes them more powerful is the higher amp ratings on each rail,that makes the difference between a 300 watt psu and a 500 watt psu.AMPS.a more powerful

psu does not put out more volts but more AMPS.look at your cpu at idle it should be using

around 40 watts,89 watts full load when the temps increase.is the voltage changing?no

the heat comes from the amps the cpu is drawing.youve set your vcore to 1.5,it is staying at 1.5 the resistance is changing due to the increase in transistors the cpu is using,thus the amperage changes too.water and electricity is not a good analogy,water you increase

the pressure for more power and more flow.in electricity you are not increasing the voltage for more power but the amps.voltage is usually a constant in an electrical circuit.

congrats on the new cpu kinda figured that was your bottleneck.that thing clocks as good as an opty.

youre already over 1000 htt on your link you need to drop your htt x to 3

Yes, I noticed, dropped that to 3x because that just might be what makes it unstable.

What you think, should I reapply my AS5, because temps get to 50 degrees under max load, or should I wait that 200 hours of temp cycles, what is recommended for that thermal compound to settle in? I put tiny dot in the middle of the IHS and twisted waterblock couple times before tightening the bolts.

I want to do everything right, now that I have A Golden Rock on my hands.

This clocks like an Oppy, and guess what, Oppys and SanDiegos still cost here 100 euros more than Venices ;)

PS. I already run high 30 sec SuperPI1M, I think I need to get some good mem next, that clocks to 250-280Mhz.

i always spread a thin sheet of as ceramique over the whole chip,then a tiny dot in the middle,set it on with a rocking motion to get out the air and never twist,when ive twisted

before ive had heat and pulled it off to find bare spots.im on the stock cooler,with water

you should be a lot cooler than me at the temps in socal.

i always spread a thin sheet of as ceramique over the whole chip,then a tiny dot in the middle,set it on with a rocking motion to get out the air and never twist,when ive twisted

before ive had heat and pulled it off to find bare spots.im on the stock cooler,with water

you should be a lot cooler than me at the temps in socal.

yeah, I'm considering reapplying, because my temps are on 50 degrees celsius load... Water temperature is 32 degrees, ambient room temperature 26 degrees.