Major problems overclocking Venices!

are you using the same psu? cause i noticed your 12 volt rail was reading 11.75 on your screen shot,thats a little low for a good cpu clock.how many amps on your 12 volt rail?

i had trouble anytime my 12 volt rail got below 11.85.even my nf2 ultra b doesnt get below

11.95 with the 350 watt thermaltake.still changed to a 460 to get the clock its running at.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you using the same psu? cause i noticed your 12 volt rail was reading 11.75 on your screen shot,thats a little low for a good cpu clock.how many amps on your 12 volt rail?

i had trouble anytime my 12 volt rail got below 11.85.even my nf2 ultra b doesnt get below

11.95 with the 350 watt thermaltake.still changed to a 460 to get the clock its running at.

Yes that Antec NEO HE 430

Softs need calibration, measured from molex it shows 12.00-11.99 volts on load.

Yes that Antec NEO HE 430

Softs need calibration, measured from molex it shows 12.00-11.99 volts on load.

Don't take this the wrong way but you probably need to buy some good memory. Here is a link for Twinmos 3200.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1209

Try as I may, I wasn't able to find anything on the Buffalo memory.

Both have Powerchip manufactured chips , but Buffalo has Brainpower PCB... I didn't see much difference between these. Maybe I should search some UCCC with BP MILL PCB

Guest Blooz1

I dunno, guys - the Buffalo in question is a 1Gb module, the Twinmos in that review (which is 4 years old, by the way!) is 512Mb, and it's original BH-5!

Buffalo ram is good quality for the price - it doesn't fall under "value ram" by any means!

I have a 512Mb Twinmos/Winbond module here that I bought 3 years ago when BH-5 was "da bomb". it'll do [email protected] (probably why they couldn't get anywhere in the review - not enough volts!) I also have a 512Mb module of Buffalo/Winbond CH-5 that'll do 245 at the same voltage! I used to run them together at about 225-230.

Well, I don't know too much about Venices, but I do know that the one that I had, a 3200+, was a LBBLE and I got that thing up to about 2.9Ghz. I shot myself in the foot when I sold it though. I got $150 for it and I wasn't watching the freakin auction so it sold for the price. I got this 3700+ to top out at 3.1Ghz, only for SuperPi 1M runs though. Runs fine at 2.9Ghz, at least during the winter it did. I haven't had my computer working for a while and I haven't had the 3700+ in my comp for a while before that.

Anyways, the point is, if my LBBLE 3200+ went that far I'm sure that's a good stepping to be looking for. I have the same motherboard as you so I doubt the motherboard is at fault. Though, if you are using that BETA BIOS you may want to go back to the latest official BIOS. The BETA BIOS doesn't like certain memory modules so that may be a cause. I only know cause I had my GEIL sticks running at 260Mhz on the official BIOS yet they could barely run at 200Mhz with the BETA BIOS. Figured it didn't like it so I booted the BIOS.

Good luck on trying to find a good CPU.

thats not an ultra d mobo?the bios screens different from mine.

Those screens were from DFI NF4 Infinity, which is now in the shelf waiting for selling.

Never going to by never Infinity boards anymore, they lack support and have issues.

DFI NF2 Infinity was a super board.