Major problems overclocking Venices!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've only used them on a 754 before, I might just try 1 at a time, or in diff colored slots and see how that works. The chip just shouldn't need that much voltage to hit 2.4Ghz. Does it respond well to voltage going from 2.0 to 2.3? Is this a LBBLE 0521 or something?

If you've only used them on a 754 before, I might just try 1 at a time, or in diff colored slots and see how that works. The chip just shouldn't need that much voltage to hit 2.4Ghz. Does it respond well to voltage going from 2.0 to 2.3? Is this a LBBLE 0521 or something?

I had TCCD chips before these Buffalo Select modules. Earlier CPU was LBBWE 0551GPMW. It didn't react to voltage either and was as poor as this.

Now I have NBBWE 0612 EPMW in place, voltages are already at 1.675V and it doesn't go better than at 1.5V. Now running SuperPI32M 2459 Mhz @ 1.675 :eek2:

Waterblock temperature 30 degrees C , water temperature 28.3 degrees, ambient 24...

Does it respond well to voltage going from 2.0 to 2.3? Is this a

It goes to 2.3 with stock Vcore. WTF, SuperPI32M run was OK 2459 Mhz @ 1.675 , but 2470 is unstable. Wata hell is this shi'

I'll try next how this chip reacts to lesser voltages than stock. Or is this actually a problem with my settings, doubt so, maybe this board sucks or is very incompatible with my parts?

Settings are:

Default multiplier set , 10x

LDT 3x

Mem 100Mhz & SPD

Default bios settings.

So tell me, why I can't overclock this to 2,8 Ghz like it should go. Doesn't this mean that this CPU is capable of at least 2,5 Ghz:

20886jh.jpg

'

not necessarily, no

I can run 2200mhz @ ~ 1.175v but still hit the wall just over 2800mhz @ 1.650v

fwiw