The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since no one really pays attention to the LGA775 thread that much:

I haven't had much time for my rigs lately. Too busy trying to handle some personal issues and keep my butt from doing something completely stupid. Anyway. Best DDR2 for the money is the G.Skill HZ. I have a couple sets of OCZ and 3 sets of G.Skill right now. I have never been a big fan of OCZ for the simple fact that they don't like to give you nearly as much headroom as the other companies. It still holds true for me.

Guest navinjohnson
you got a 150 divider in that bios your using ? and what bios is that ? the 704 bats worked real nice with my ram but I need the 150 divider or there's no 3 gig unless i go the 143 lol not likely.

Is that Thermalright 120A the 12 pipe one ? if so you running two fans ?

According to calculations done by A64memfrequency11, there is no difference between other manufacturers 150 and DFI's 143. And I am on 143. I can't use any lower dividers, but 143 works fine.

The 120A has 8 pipes, and I am only using one fan. I am keeping temps of 52-53 now at approximately 175 watts and a house at freaking 84F (AC went out!!!!). I am impressed with it so far. I definitely needs a lap job though.

Hmm I was reading some reviews on a 120? that had 12 pipes why i asked.

Ive never made any sense out of the 143 as it appears to look double what it should look like. I might give it a shot just for the 3 GGG but would never use it day to day

@wil, Tony's 406 BTA allows the 150 divider. As dividers are a new thing to me, i thought that some were only available depending on your other settings, i could well be wrong but someone may be able to clarify that.

:)Glad you got your data back. Did the software just undelete it, or was it more involved than that ?

yeah i used the 406 for a long time it does have the 150. but for some reason with tony's 704 this ram scales way up on bandwidth. its near the 8000 mark. wounder why he would leave the 150 out as. the 150 and 166 is what almost all the one gig stick got to have @ a high HTT

Guest navinjohnson

You were probably reading reviews for the 120 extreme, it has 12 pipes. It is the same thing as the 120A, but with two more ushaped pipes. The extra pipes pipes means it can handle a tad more wattage, maybe 10-15 more watts at a given temp.

If you are stable at 143, why not use it day2day? Use 143, pump that mother to GGG and Orthos for 24hours.

Guest navinjohnson

anyone ever ran into a problem at startup with avg and no internet connection? I think I found out why I was unstable at higher clocks last night. When my computer was stalling at startup and taking forever to finish loading processes and desktop. It kept pausing when AVG loaded, so I disabled avg. Then on a hunch I disabled both my LAN connections and enabled AVG. Voila! No more freezes, crashes or stalls at startup anymore. Any ideas on if it is AVG, my drivers, something else?

Now stressing at 2.99!! So0o0o0o0o close!!! Only at 1.425v :D

anyone ever ran into a problem at startup with avg and no internet connection? I think I found out why I was unstable at higher clocks last night. When my computer was stalling at startup and taking forever to finish loading processes and desktop. It kept pausing when AVG loaded, so I disabled avg. Then on a hunch I disabled both my LAN connections and enabled AVG. Voila! No more freezes, crashes or stalls at startup anymore. Any ideas on if it is AVG, my drivers, something else?

Now stressing at 2.99!! So0o0o0o0o close!!! Only at 1.425v :D

Lol your not suppose to have that . running when your benching man :shake: And a word of cation them screen shoots you used in the OCDB ant going to fly in the 3GGG club

I haven't had much time for my rigs lately. Too busy trying to handle some personal issues and keep my butt from doing something completely stupid. Anyway. Best DDR2 for the money is the G.Skill HZ. I have a couple sets of OCZ and 3 sets of G.Skill right now. I have never been a big fan of OCZ for the simple fact that they don't like to give you nearly as much headroom as the other companies. It still holds true for me.

Well, the OCZ I really don't want headroom... If it runs as advertised (3-4-3-9 @ DDR2-800) I'll be a happy camper.

Oh and my Mushkin is up on EBay, the DDR2, if anyone's interested, just search for "CharmedLover1984" &/or Mushkin 4GB.

Guest navinjohnson
Lol your not suppose to have that . running when your benching man :shake: And a word of cation them screen shoots you used in the OCDB ant going to fly in the 3GGG club

AVG doesn't have an noticeable affect on my benchmarks.

My GGG shots will be higher resolution and full-screen shots. 2+ hours of Orthos at GGG. Raising Async delay to 8 did the trick.

Guest navinjohnson

I am stable past 8 hours Orthos at 3ghz. screenies are taken. I'm going to push it until she blows before I post. Ok, not really. I'll at least see how far 1.45volts takes it, after that temps are too high for the 120A and a house at 26ambient. Once I get back to the dorms though, I'm cranking the AC down to 23 :-)

OK I'm kicking some serious Butt here :D went from 2800 to 2830 in two days :shake: And that took from 1.49 to 1.59 :D

another reason i didn't like the 704. Half the volt chart is missing :mad: nothing past the 113%

Ok went though every vcore available in the 704. 2850 will not pass OccT CPU only test at max. So guess all live with 2800 till i pull the lid but think its at its best at 2800:sad: