The AMD 3GHz Club

Well I just dont know what vidd your suppose to use with these SPD 303 My 2.9 shows 2.98 if i set the +3 its well into 3.xx. That might be ok for a bench run here and there but i use would not wont to run that every day

You'r right wil, using 2.9+vdimm 24/7 is a surefire way of killing TCCCD. Also 2.8vdimm set in the bios does give you 2.87vdimm real voltage, it is one of the few accurate readings in the bios. But it will not give you any long term problems with your ram. I've got 2 sets of TCCD, OCZ4800 Plats and G-Skill4800's, both sets have been run 24/7 for over 2 years at 2.8vdimm with no problems at all. I have also run them up to 3.0vdimm on the odd occasion, but only for a day or two on my NF2 rig. If you go back through this thread you will find some screenshots i have posted with my settings for 3gig with my Plats, give them a try.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'r right wil, using 2.9+vdimm 24/7 is a surefire way of killing TCCCD. Also 2.8vdimm set in the bios does give you 2.87vdimm real voltage, it is one of the few accurate readings in the bios. But it will not give you any long term problems with your ram. I've got 2 sets of TCCD, OCZ4800 Plats and G-Skill4800's, both sets have been run 24/7 for over 2 years at 2.8vdimm with no problems at all. I have also run them up to 3.0vdimm on the odd occasion, but only for a day or two on my NF2 rig. If you go back through this thread you will find some screenshots i have posted with my settings for 3gig with my Plats, give them a try.

Ive already tried your settings with no joy and everyone else's plus weeks and weeks and weeks of every setting possible with no joy lol

Unknown, make sure you use Orthos instead of prime or it won't be a valid entry.

I see a few entries running an instance of prime on each core... That's what I did... is that not acceptable? I was just going by what a bunch of others did...

I see a few entries running an instance of prime on each core... That's what I did... is that not acceptable? I was just going by what a bunch of others did...

The entries you see using Prime were done before the change to DIY Street when Prime was the requirement. Since then it was changed to Orthos for dual cores and SP2004 for single cores.

OK, got my entry up... entry # 420 baby!!!

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...6&postcount=420

I didn't have CPU-Z in my 3dmark shots (except the orthos/3dmark2001se/cpu-z shot) is that a no-no? let me know if anything's wrong there and I'll run them again... for the gagillionth time, lol

nice OC! I think I have the same stepping, but I don't feel like re-seating my Apogee so it'll remain unknown for a while :-) I just got some OCZ Gold XTC PC4000 sticks on the way from Angry, so I may be able to catch up with your RAM... or not, who knows... I just wanna push the CPU a little farther, but this RAM sucks for an OC...

Quick question... should I have listed my GPU memory at it's DDR speed (1600) or what I listed (800)?

EBs are good RAM, I had a pair but only got them to 255 , I never bothered with 2T, perhaps I should have tried that.

I miss my Expert set-up, that was a fun board to play around with.

You can list it either way, we all can/will figure it out.

btw, the first page of this thread lists the GGG entries in order, Flowerking will add you to it.

EBs being the one's I got on the way? I don't know much about the different chips on RAM sticks, I know enough to clock whatever's in front of me, but the differences by chip is beyond me...

Oh, duhrr... I coulda clicked the link in your sig, lol