The AMD 3GHz Club

:eek2: Did you make it write a will first :D

lol actually I think she liked it as the idle temp was 30C at that voltage, lol

I didn't even attempt to run prime for more than 20secs as it actually turned the system off when it hit 60C. I love this chip i just wished the others can perform just as good.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I anxiously awaiting the arrival of my next victim. Hopefully it doesn't end up on the top of my desk next to the Socket 754 Venice that suffered a horrible death under my dry ice container. If it's not coldbugged we will eventually send it -50 degrees..

I suspect it is but again I only noticed the freezes with the NF4 SLI-DR at 339x9 hopefully the Expert will help keep it alive and active :)

UPS just came and picked it up so it should be in the system this evening. That's the last of my optys. I bought 6 & kept 2, sold 4 to friends including 1 to a certain user in here that has boobies who can't get the damn thing to overclock to 3GHz. Maybe I should sue her :P

P.S the IHS is inside the HSF box. try not to be so gentle on her, she like it ruff.

That just makes me all the more ticked that I can't get my Opty to do that speed LOL

I've always been lucky with my chips - I got really lucky with this one. I can boot at 9x346, with only 1.440 vts. Wonder what it will do with more juice...:rolleyes:

Well, I benched AM3, 05, 06 and 01 on these settings now (250x12) if this son of a ***** doesn't pass 03, I may well rip the f**ker out and throw it through a plate glass window. OBVIOUSLY it's getting enough voltage or one of those benchies would've froze (I ran them CONSECUTIVELY with almost NO BREAKS), so if it fails either 03 or Prime, it's either my RAM or Heat (in the case of Prime) that may be the issue. And I honestly believe it ain't my RAM cuz my RAM seems very happy right now.

As usual, 03 failed in the first test. Dunno why I bother. Tried all the way up to 1.64Vs again, didn't help. And the 1.64 and 1.6 settings were with the RAM divider turned DOWN so that it wasn't running at a full DDR500.

So sick of tryin' with this thing, really wish I had a chip capable of it in this board and setup cuz I'd ditch this 60 in a nano-second.