The AMD 3GHz Club

I can't enter windows in 3ghz but in 2.9 yes.

I don't think this thread is for you, if you can't even enter windows at 3.0GHz you're never going to be stable in it (its not you, its your processor, probably). Your power supply could easily be giving you issues as it isn't even close to what you need.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh... I want onna' dem' tooo!!! You guys are gonna' make me put my clockin' head back on again aren't ya's!!(LOL) I got and entry in the OCDB for 290 1-1 (That was easy) It has done 295 1-1 but I didn't like the amount of vid that took. I read somewhere that pulling the IHS I can run a lower vid. Between that and my W/C. I think I'll put it in the bag.(I think Hehee)

But guy's It'll be awhile instead of buyin a rad- pump-res. I went for storage. Plus right now I'm dealin' with some pretty toasty daytime ambients. Nuther month-or two or so I'll get on it.

Have ya's thought about makin' that 300fsb 1-1. or 3ghz either or both? More truly like the nf2 toasters?(250fsb 1-1 or 2500mhz either or both) Because both or either is gonna' be tuff. And still many won't be able won't either.(I'm pretty sure once I get some better cooling I can pull 300X10 1-1. (But not at all certain)

Edit: Also with the 300 or 3000 requirement peep's will werk really really hard to do both.(It really is a massive gauntlet!)

lol i can barely get my ddr400's to run at 250. but anways i think i got 3006mhz stable. i had 7hr prime stable when i left for work this morning. hopefully nothing went wrong in an hr. :rolleyes:

@l3lackh0le: I hope it werk's for ya'. I've had that happen to me before though. Once like about 1 min to go! But usually if ya' get past the first coupla'-few hrs yer' ok.(Not allways but usually) If vid voltage is short will usually fail in 2-3hrs.(Usually not allways)

Edit: That's why I said either like the nf2 toasters. Some processors won't do 3ghz but will 315fsb 1-1. sorta' give some of the older processors a shot at it.

Edit2: @sauron18 Yup could be psu. Could be processor too(Many won't I don't even know fer' sure if mine will)....You might want to start another thread for help. Easy on the vid!

@l3lackh0le: I hope it werk's for ya'. I've had that happen to me before though. Once like about 1 min to go! But usually if ya' get past the first coupla'-few hrs yer' ok.(Not allways but usually) If vid voltage is short will usually fail in 2-3hrs.(Usually not allways)

yea i tried w/ lower voltage yesterday and it failed at about 4hrs so...crossing my fingers this time :D i don't want to have my cpu running at 1.58v for too long

yea i tried w/ lower voltage yesterday and it failed at about 4hrs so...crossing my fingers this time :D i don't want to have my cpu running at 1.58v for too long

Hehe.. I don't like my vid much past 1.5 either. I try to keep it close to stock 24/7 .(Mine runs oks like that)Don't like load temps much over 42-45c either.(55c+ I see errors on most of my rigg's) I'll probably wait till' I got me coolin' ironed out abit better save my processor abt. It seems in I needed 1.6+ for 295X10 1-1 to get into windoors and pass occt 3dm01 S&M ect. that's with the IHS on though.I didn't like that or the load temps. So I didn't prime. It may need more to prime.(Usually does but maybe not)

Hehe.. I don't like my vid much past 1.5 either. I try to keep it close to stock 24/7 .(Mine runs oks like that)Don't like load temps much over 42-45c either.(55c+ I see errors on most of my rigg's) I'll probably wait till' I got me coolin' ironed out abit better save my processor abt. It seems in I needed 1.6+ for 295X10 1-1 to get into windoors and pass occt 3dm01 S&M ect. that's with the IHS on though.I didn't like that or the load temps. So I didn't prime. It may need more to prime.(Usually does but maybe not)

yea this is just for ggg DEF not for 24/7. i'm gonna bring it back down to 1.375 max for 24/7.

I was wondering if someone could help i've been tryiing to get to 3Ghz so i can join the club and hang out and stuff lan parties etc. LMAO jk. Well i'm having a bit of trouble trying to get past the 3Ghz wall and i've upped the vid to around 1.65 and stll nothing errors out in a few seconds you think if i go lower than what i started at which was 1.53 maybe it would work better and also will the chipset and LDT have anything to do with my clocks and if so what is a recommended increase thanks

Have ya's thought about makin' that 300fsb 1-1. or 3ghz either or both? More truly like the nf2 toasters?(250fsb 1-1 or 2500mhz either or both) Because both or either is gonna' be tuff. And still many won't be able won't either.(I'm pretty sure once I get some better cooling I can pull 300X10 1-1. (But not at all certain)

Edit: Also with the 300 or 3000 requirement peep's will werk really really hard to do both.(It really is a massive gauntlet!)

300 1:1 memory and over should be a walk in the park with a couple of sticks of DDR600 .

It's true. Since losing my dog over a year ago I haven't cried, even when I took a huge chunk out of my leg with a computer case side panel. But when my Geil One stopped working with cas 2.5 I got pretty damn close..

P.S. I never abused the ram. I save that for mobo's/cpu's/winbond.