Dual Channel MemTest Issues (OCZ)

Other thing is the CPU, sometimes the memory controller can be faulty.

That is where another board or CPU would help find out what the problem is.

If you are stuck RMA the board and CPU for testing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RyderOCZ had this to say at the OCZ support forum:

Does his analysis make sense? Could the problem be with an IC on the board?

Hi Cuttlefish ive been talking with Ryder about this exact same problem we tried lots of different configs and no go, i tried with 1 stick as he suggested and the machine worked same as you then i tried corsair memory and both stick worked then suddenly same problem bsod now it doesnt want to work with 1 stick either ocz or corsair, i changed my memory with rayder and he told me it was good we tried another pair of ocz mem and it worked for a couple of months and same problem i dont have idea what is the source of the problem i changed everything ram psu video tried everything you did and no go, we have the exact same problem same BSOD errors and same pattern of problem

even if our rigs are different i think its a mobo problem in this week im going to try this mem in another rig to see if it works... (the only difference i didnt have any memtest error) i passed more than 40hrs of memtest and more than 12hrs of prime but the machine doesnt like to be more than 4min on now it doesnt want to load windows.... it bsod when it finish loading windows.....

if you find anything about it please let me know

Cuttlefish, check the stock settings on this entry in the stock database, and pay attention to the SPD, Trc + Trfc, Drive Strength, max async + read preamble, settings in that order (in pairs) and see if things improve.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...7&highlight=OCZ

This thread in the OC database might also help as well.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...PE-K#post426389

I think if you cannot get your sticks to run with settings close to these at stock you should RMA them.

• 4 weeks later...

Well... The RAM wasn't the problem. The new sticks also cause similar errors in MemTest, and assorted application exceptions and the occasional Bluescreen (none of which have been the same error code). While my RAM was away, I was using a pair of PC2700 512mb sticks (all I had =/), and everything was stable and great.

So what's the next step? Processor? Motherboard?

I'd like to get a new motherboard, preferrably a DFI with the ATI chipset (Sata problems fixed?), so maybe should I just forget about this motherboard right now and buy a new one?

EDIT: Woops, nevermind... I was using the wrong settings with my RAM, the SPD on this set is different. Everthing appears to be ok now.