Are these settings from Angry okay to use for my specs?

Mako3

Raising HTT Multi at this point in time is counterproductive. you're already experiencing instability. Why change HTT to something that may increase that instability. Leave HTT Muliplier on Auto. Oskar did a great job with the BIOS and the Auto setting is practically foolproof.

If these settings fail at 2600 why would you increase to 2620 and try again. You need to be going down not up.

It worked, changing the settings and raising the voltage worked:

26stable4oa.th.jpg

I got it 15 hours 53 minutes stable at 2.6Ghz which could have gone longer but it was already 3am and I was tired. On full load the highest my temps got were: System: 45, Panel: 45, CPU: 44.

So what's the next step, 7Ghz? Or getting 6Ghz with 1:1?

Thanks,

Mako3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations. It feels good doesn't it. What you do next is up to you. But to go higher you will probably have to increase voltage again. Without a DMM you really don't know how much voltage your processor is receiving and you're approaching dangerous territory with the voltage. As an example, when Smart Guardian shows 1.53V on my system the cpu is actually receiving 1.58V when I check it with a scope.

lol thnx yah it does. You think I should try these settings: HTT- 262, Multi 10x, HTT Multi- 4x (freq= 1048), Memdivider- 11:12 (183) using the rest of dram and voltage the same. What do you guys think? Also my scores are really bad 3dmark03:

crapscores0pk.th.jpg

And is 718 for a cpu score good?

-Mako3

lol yah once i get more money I'm definitely getting a new GPU, but uh at 3x with those settings the htt freq will be down to 786. Shouldn't it be above 800 atleast.

-Mako3

lol yah once i get more money I'm definitely getting a new GPU, but uh at 3x with those settings the htt freq will be down to 786. Shouldn't it be above 800 atleast.

-Mako3

It won't make any difference as for as performance is concerned. It should be as close to 1000 as possible without going over. Thats why I made this statement earlier.

Leave HTT Muliplier on Auto. Oskar did a great job with the BIOS and the Auto setting is practically foolproof.

Okay so I entered these settings: HTT 264, Multi 10x, MemDivder 180, HTT Multi Auto. Now it's time to prime. Also I want to get my RAM timings lower than 3-4-3-8, what do you guys suggest?

Thnx,

Mako3

P.S You like my sig?

If you want to test your ram with faster timings, that usually means dropping your cpu overclock to test them. This can take quite a while.

check out insanetek's results during overclocking with this ram.

http://www.insanetek.com/review.php?id=221&page=3

You might be able to duplicate thier results, but doing your own testing would be better in the long run. Each pair have thier own peculiarities and ability, some getting much farther than others.

Alright so those settings didnt work, prime95 halted after 15 mins, then I was just weird and decided to try the timings, so I changed them to 2.5-4-3-8 and ran prime95 and it went to 37 mins, interesting. What should I do, I want to be able to run no less than 2.65Ghz, lol.

Thnx,

Mako3

Hmm, I cant seem to get 2.6Ghz at 200 (1:1), its like maxed at 180, which I have taken the timings from 3-4-3-8 to 2.5-4-3-7 DRAM voltage at 2.8v my CPU at 1.55, and the other settings are the same tht I got my 2.6Ghz stable for 15hours 58 minutes. But I still wish to get atleast 200 (1:1) at 2.6Ghz.

Thanks,

Mako3

This thread is now 80 posts long and you are still basically where you started at. Be it equipment limitations or your lack of experience in overclocking you have probably gone as far as you're going to. Why not go back to what was Prime stable for 15+ hours and have some fun with your computer.

I am with my settings tht were stable at 15+ ours, and I'll keep them at tht, but I just want my ram at 200 (1/1). Because my settings tht were stable, the mem was at 180.

-Mako3