Are these settings from Angry okay to use for my specs?

Mako3

Alright it's been like a hella long time and right now with my CPU OC'd at 2.5Ghz (250x10) and prime95 is at: Self-test 1024k passed, 8k passed, 10k passed, 896k passed, and now 768k fft passed. How much longer should I run it, it seems pretty stable?

Thnx,

Mako3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to run 3DMark05 while i'm priming. :)

Generally, you can do whatever you want while you're priming, but I wouldn't recommend much heavy gaming. I tried to play BF2 with 1.5Gb of my ram allocated amongst 2 instances of prime (dual core) and, well, it didn't work out so well. But msn, mozilla, whatever else all seems to work quite well (in fact quite normally) while priming. It doens't even seem to affect my 3dmark scores.

Well I believe it's been over 2 hours, and it has competed what I said above and 12kFFT, 14K FFT, and just finished 640k FFT. Should I stop it, no errors yet seems pretty stable I have been on trillian, mozilla, and photoshop while it's been running.

-Mako3

Good work! What is your VCORE voltage up to?

Now, using the 180 Memory divider (9/10) you should increase your HTT to 260, and reduce your LDT multi to 3; giving you 2.6Ghz. See how far you can go without increasing VCORE anymore. This will start to show how good of a clocker your cpu may or not be. The farther she goes on low voltage, the cooler she'll run and hope fully will clock farther.

Without knowing exactly what your specific set of ram is capable of, I'd suggest you try to keep the RAM speed below 250HTT (DDR500), to avoid problems. When you get closer to your max cpu speed, you may need to use lower memory speeds to maintain stability.

Congrats on your first stable 12h prime. There will be many more to come! Let us know if you can get to 2.6. And if not, well i bet it's pretty fast at 2.6 compared to 2.0GHz? ;)

And be careful with your voltages! The "Special Vid" +104/110/113 settings can greatly overvolt your cpu if you're not careful. Keep her below 1.55! Lower is better!

Alright my vcore is at 1.475v, and I set the HTT to 260, LDT Multi to Auto and the Memory Divider to 180 (9/10). Now I'm going to start dual priming.

Thanks,

Mako3

Okay so after 5 minutes prime95 comes up with an error everytime:

FETAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

So I dont know what that means, I even took LDT multi from Auto down to 3 like you said and it stayed the same with the error. What do you guys suggest? What other settings may help this?

-Mako3

If you temps are ok bump Vcore up a little. But remember the best I was able to achieve with my 3200 was 2660 at 1.53 volts. You may be reaching the end.