Are these settings from Angry okay to use for my specs?

Mako3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious with your current problems you have nothing solid as for as a foundation for overclocking your system. You need to start over from the beginning. Put all values back to stock and follow the "THE" Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking guide to the letter. No skipping steps, no shortcuts. Other then that the only thing I have left to offer is to wish you luck with your overclocking endeavor.

Follow Praz advice... and for simplicity:

1. Overclock the CPU first, keep the RAM loose and slow as well as hyperthreading and other parts.

2. AFTER you've found the sweetspot of your CPU (with it being 100% stable) you can start playing with the RAM and see how far you can push it.

Okay, I loaded optimize defaults, and started back over with these settings. It's back pretty stable Im sure if I ran prime95 it will last overnight. So now it's time to try and get back up. I dont know why I cant get back to 2.67.

FSB Bus Frequency............................. 250 MHz

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... 4x

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... 10x

PCI eXpress Frequency......................... 100

CPU Voltage .................................. (disappeared cant find)

LDT Voltage .................................. 1.40v

ChipSet (NF4) Voltage ........................ 1.60V

DRAM Voltage ................................. 2.60v

+0.03 if not 3.2V ............................ enable

Memclock (DRAM Frequency) .................... 200

Command Per Clock............................. 1T

CAS Latency (Tcl)............................. 3T

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd)..................... 4T

Min RAS# active time (Tras)................... 8T

Row precharge time (Trp)...................... 3T

Row Cycle time (Trc).......................... 11T

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc)................... 16T

Row to Row delay (Trrd)....................... 3T

Write recovery time (Twr)..................... 3T

Write to Read delay (Twtr).................... 2T

Read to Write delay (Trwt).................... 3T

Refresh Period (Tref)......................... 3120

DRAM Bank Interleave.......................... Enabled

DQS Skew Control.............................. Decrease

DQS Skew Value................................ 128

DRAM Drive Strength........................... Level 8

DRAM Data Drive Strength...................... AUTO (want to do lvl4 but no option)

Max Async Latency............................. Auto

DRAM Response Time............... Normal (want to do fastest but dont know what it will do)

Read Preamble Time............................ Auto

IdleCycle Limit............................... 256

Dynamic Counter............................... Disable

R/W Queue Bypass.............................. 16x

Bypass Max.................................... 7x

32 Byte Granularity........................... Disable (4 Bursts)

It's back pretty stable Im sure if I ran prime95 it will last overnight. So now it's time to try and get back up.

Pretty stable doesn't exist. With your problems run Prime95 at least 8 hours and see if it's stable.

CPU Voltage .................................. (disappeared cant find)

If the cpu voltage option is no longer available you need to reflash the BIOS. But make sure you are doing it correctly. If you reflash the same as you have been trying to overclock you will no longer have a working computer.

Write to Read delay (Twtr).................... 2T

You don't need to mess with the memory settings right now but when you get to that point sometimes setting TWTR to 1 is more stable then 2.

DRAM Response Time............... Normal (want to do fastest but dont know what it will do)

Once again no need to mess with it now. When the time comes for tweaking memory leave the setting on normal and manually adjust MAL and RP.

Ohh SHOOT! Ran Prime95 while talking on trillian (dunno if it matters). BUt yah after 22 minutes it came up with after Test 2, 800000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M163839 using 8K FFT length. THe error says: FETAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file and it was Halted. So yah, pretty gay cause I dunno wht tht means. And I'm still with those settings at 2.5Ghz, and it doesnt seem as fast as it should be.

-Mako3

What do you mean you can't find the VCORE in the Bios anymore? Disappeared, why don't you flash your motherboard to the 704-2BTA bios and set "Optimized Default Settings" and start tweaking your VCORE, HTT, VDIMM, TIMINGS, leave LDT/HTT(FSB) on Auto so it will safely adjust your HTT LINK for you. My lil' bro has an AMD64 3200+ E6 and i'm only giving it 1.53v on an Asus A8R-MVP motherboard hitting 2.6GHz (260x10). I haven't tried any higher but it seems stable for couple of months now.

You also need to take into consideration the heat issue we're facing now because of summer. So follow suggestions from others in the previous posts and try some of mine, okay? :)

Alright thnx I reflashed from 06/23 to 04/06 and reinserted my settings, and I'm OC'd at 2.67Ghz. Now I have to get it back up to 2.75Ghz, I dont really want it any slower than 2.7Ghz.

-Mako3

The "error" you encountered was Prime95's way of saying

"You're not even close to stable. 22 minutes is about 11hours, 38 minutes short of stable.."

So: You'll need to go back a bit and slowly use the voltages to your advantage. Increasing it a bit to get stable at 2500 is acceptable but in page 1 I tried to tell you:

Assert that you are Prime 95 Stable at 2500 MHz before going higher!

We are all trying to tell you... it takes time. .lots of time.. and reading. And testing. And lots and lots and lots of Prime95 Errors if you want to find your true max. It may not be near where you want it to be, this is all about *Finding out what your cpu can actually do*

I've read of cpu's that can't do over 225x9. Sucks, but it happens.. and in order to get close to what you want to accomplish you need to take the first step. Get stable at 250x10; if that is possible. It should be. We will advise you further from there.

While your machine is running prime and you're chatting on trillian, take your time and re-read the guides. You've got 12 hours to burn.

(I know i say 12, others say 8 hours. The key is stable, let me tell you prime 95 can get errors after 8 hours, it happens all the time.)

The "error" you encountered was Prime95's way of saying

"You're not even close to stable. 22 minutes is about 11hours, 38 minutes short of stable.."

So: You'll need to go back a bit and slowly use the voltages to your advantage. Increasing it a bit to get stable at 2500 is acceptable but in page 1 I tried to tell you:

Assert that you are Prime 95 Stable at 2500 MHz before going higher!

We are all trying to tell you... it takes time. .lots of time.. and reading. And testing. And lots and lots and lots of Prime95 Errors if you want to find your true max. It may not be near where you want it to be, this is all about *Finding out what your cpu can actually do*

I've read of cpu's that can't do over 225x9. Sucks, but it happens.. and in order to get close to what you want to accomplish you need to take the first step. Get stable at 250x10; if that is possible. It should be. We will advise you further from there.

While your machine is running prime and you're chatting on trillian, take your time and re-read the guides. You've got 12 hours to burn.

(I know i say 12, others say 8 hours. The key is stable, let me tell you prime 95 can get errors after 8 hours, it happens all the time.)

If you follow this advise you'll be on your way to a successful overclock.

With my current settings I could snap a screenshot at 3100 MHz of close to 8 hours Prime stable but no way will it go 12 hrs. And it wouldn't run anything 3d. By no stretch of the imagination could this be called stable.

Alright Thanks I'll do that right now. So how many minutes = 12 hours? Also I should do this without any apps up right?

-Mako3

I don't understand why you would ask that but it is 720 minutes. There will probably be some disagreement on this but I say use your computer like normal. Running Prime while you use your system can cause Prime to fail where it wouldn't if nothing else was running. But if that happens I don't think the system is truly stable to begin with. A lot of us here would never be able to use our systems if we did nothing while Prime type programs were running. I use Photoshop, burn dvds and do anything else I want while dual Prime is running.