Pc2700 Or 3200

im planning on buying some ram this weekend. im buying some 1024mb dual channel ocz. but i have a question. which ram will run best on my computer. my processor is clocked at 2.8ghz w/ 533fsb. now should i spring for the pc3200 or save some money and go for some 2700?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea but he's also got a mobo capable of dual-ddr 400 and 800fsb, provided he has a processor that goes that fast. If you get the pc3200 now, u can wait till the 2.4c 800fsb processor drops down in price. You don't want to be stuck with pc2700 if you upgrade your processor.

im planning on buying some ram this weekend. im buying some 1024mb dual channel ocz. but i have a question. which ram will run best on my computer. my processor is clocked at 2.8ghz w/ 533fsb. now should i spring for the pc3200 or save some money and go for some 2700?

I would go for the OCZ EL DDR 3500's (434mhz)or higher if your planning to heavy overclock. Unless your doing a lot of heavy DX9 gaming or video work- you really only need 512 ram vs 1024. Try to get the best ram you could afford so you could upgrade latter on without having to do it all over again.

True smithy , but the only reason why I wouldn't buy pc3500, pc3700, or pc4000 to have now so i wouldn't have to upgrade later is because those models right now have shat timings. Wait till they come out with better timings for those models b4 upgrading for the future.

But yes if your doing EXTREME OC/ing right NOW, then get pc3500.

well i mostly game. thats all i really do. so do you think i should go with 512 dual channel instead of 1024. it would save me alot of money.

Heres the ram im currently looking at.

http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/produc...x512-3200ll.pdf

i cant find the picture but the corsair ram has platinum heatspreader as well. this picture doesnt have it with platinum heatspreader.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo...hannel+Platinum

Also I was planning on buying either 1024 for ocz. But if I only need 512 people have suggested i go for corsair. and by the way. i dont plan on doing overclocking. so that might help with my anwser. Im buying ram strictly for gaming, i am looking for really good performance.

Edited by ne1n

Go for OCZ you can't beat it. They have some of best customer service I have ever seen. I know I keep saying this but customer service in the PC line is worth money by itself. When I got mine I called and talked to a Tech and he reccomened the right stuff. Said if it did not work he would RMA it with no hassle. Did not have to RMA worked great. Just as promissed. You can get great prices on it from Newegg.com thats where I got mine.

Edited by SIREX