Pc2700 Or 3200

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i already stated several times i will not be overclocking. so lets get this overclocking stuff out of the topic. thanks for the info sirex. i plan on buying the 1024 el DDR Dual channel

Ok but the best RAM for OC'ing is usually the best RAM if you're not OC'ing either. We're all just trying to help, sorry we glanced over your one sentence that stated you're not OC'ing but want "the best performance RAM". You want performance...OC YOUR SYSTEM! That's what this forum is about, that's what we assume you're going to do. So you can go ahead and only thank one person but the rest of us tried as well.

lol. i appreciate your opinion syneze. i actaully DO plan on ocing my system after christmas. I'm saving money to get all the necessary cooling components such as a new heatsink and a heatpipe cooler for my GPU. I'm just a bit worried because i hear ocing lowers the lifetime of your processor. but im guessing it means it will run for 2 years instead of 2 and a half or whatever right?

anyways back to ram. i really do want the best performance but im in a bit of a bind. my local stores dont sell much good ram except ocz and corsair. and im in canada so newegg is mostly useless to me. and 1024 of mushkin level II is almost 600$ canadian. which is alot for me to be spending. and i dont really want to go up there. i beleive for me the ocz 1024 el DDR dual channel pc3200 is a good buy. BUT. i do however have enough to spend on 512 mushkin level II. so... here im going to give you guys a link for what i have to choose from. if you guys would pick some good PERFORMANCE ram for possibly ocing in the future (i guess now, sorry for saying i was never going to oc)

http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.cfm?loc...mcat=05&scat=00

they sell mushkin there.

just gimme your opinons. thanks again for all your help!

So you can go ahead and only thank one person but the rest of us tried as well.

Syneeze is right lots of people have given you an opinion and help. If you read this thread you should have enough info to choose your ram.

so... here im going to give you guys a link for what i have to choose from. if you guys would pick some good PERFORMANCE ram for possibly ocing in the future (i guess now, sorry for saying i was never going to oc

The above statement will just cause some more this is better than that stuff again. You should have enough information to choose from what everyone has already posted. Good luck on your ram purchase.

lol. i appreciate your opinion syneze. i actaully DO plan on ocing my system after christmas. I'm saving money to get all the necessary cooling components such as a new heatsink and a heatpipe cooler for my GPU. I'm just a bit worried because i hear ocing lowers the lifetime of your processor. but im guessing it means it will run for 2 years instead of 2 and a half or whatever right?

anyways back to ram. i really do want the best performance but im in a bit of a bind. my local stores dont sell much good ram except ocz and corsair. and im in canada so newegg is mostly useless to me. and 1024 of mushkin level II is almost 600$ canadian. which is alot for me to be spending. and i dont really want to go up there. i beleive for me the ocz 1024 el DDR dual channel pc3200 is a good buy. BUT. i do however have enough to spend on 512 mushkin level II. so... here im going to give you guys a link for what i have to choose from. if you guys would pick some good PERFORMANCE ram for possibly ocing in the future (i guess now, sorry for saying i was never going to oc)

http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.cfm?loc...mcat=05&scat=00

they sell mushkin there.

just gimme your opinons. thanks again for all your help!

well if your on a budget, IMO i would want 1 gig of ram (OCZ) over 512 of ram (Mushkin), therefor go with the OCZ. I run 1 gig of ram in my system and turned off the paging file.