Preparing to jump on over to DFI - advice needed . . .

I have had it with my Abit AN8 Ultra. I just completed my first build back in January and have had a ton of trouble with this ABIT board. Wanted to go with DFI first time around but felt it better to get my feet wet. They're wet now and time to move on . . .

:D

I'm looking for quality and DFI's reputation is well founded. I'm really not interested (at this point) in overclocking, but I am tired of reading about all the positive feedback that DFI users have with these mobo's. To make a long story short, I bought all of the components in my sig from the EGG. I assembled the PC in 2 days and everything worked perfectly right from the start. I'm just tired of dealing with the bugs with my USB devices and X-Fi Platinum card. (And listening to the ABIT tech bozo tell me I need a more powerful PSU - my PSU can jump-start a farm tractor for crying out loud . . . bunch of forum goofballs over there!) Anyhow, I am preparing to step up to an eVGA 7900GTX (currently 34 in line) very shortly. All of my other components will remain. I don't plan on SLI anytime soon. Which DFI board meets these requirements:

1) Stable and concise installation with solid drivers and BIOS options for a budding enthusiast.

2) Must have enough room for a single eVGA 7900GTX - it is a dual-slot cooling design. My concern here is that I must have an available PCI slot for my X-Fi Platinum AND my PCI modem ( no broadband in my neck of the woods)

Thanks in advance folks!

DFI - HERE I COME !!!

:D:D:D

Get either an DFI Lanparty NF4-D or Ultra-D. You can easily mod them to SLI-D if you ever choose the SLI route (Save yourself some money) but you'll still need to buy the SLI Bridge, hehe. They are stable, great boards. Give it a try, you will be very very happy. Welcome to our Forums. :)

welcome.. sure you dont wanna overclock? :) it will be a fun/exciting experience.... but of course it will be a pain in the as$ when it dont wanna boot.. but hey... theres us to help ya out..

Sure - why not. I have never needed to OC since stock settings have always been more than adequate for anything I do. Then again, maybe I have been missing out on something??? My FPS's in games are always great do to having a great GPU so I have never been all that curious in the past. The Ultra D board is good and stable right out of the box at stock settings? That's what I am really interested in. I do want a mobo which will run smoothly without the need to tinker at the start.

Thanks for the reply! :shake: :nod: :cool:

The Ultra D board is good and stable right out of the box at stock settings? That's what I am really interested in. I do want a mobo which will run smoothly without the need to tinker at the start.

I chose the DFI LanParty Ultra D for that very reason. No comments on it yet, as I’m still in the build process, but almost done. The initial out of the case boot went without a hitch. It’s all in the case now, and I hope to find the time to boot her up sometime today.

This is my first build, and I wanted something I wouldn’t have to tinker with. Just take her out of the box, and fire her up. I’ll consider tinkering later on. :D Of course, you will get people telling you that if you just want something that works out of the box, stay away from DFI. Not sure where they are coming from with statements like that.

My 2nd ultra-d ut nf4 is on the way. My first DFI board and overclock setup, current, 2mo old. Me likes......... Forum lots of help also. Justy read and follow directions round here and you should be fine.

there is really no reason to overclock the 4000+ as far as gaming is concerned, which is why i'm going to wait until i need to before OC'ing.

I have loaded all the current drivers I will need for when my new mobo arrives - decided on getting the Ultra -D. NewEGG should have it here on Thursday. Which BIOS do you recommend for a non-OC'ed system??? Will the BIOS that ship with the board be up to date or can I get some suggestions. Just looking for trouble-free stability. Thanks for all the help!

best thing for you to try is put it together and try running with the BIOS it ships with. There shouldn't be a problem getting it to run stable for you. DFI makes great boards right out of the box. The newest BIOS has temperature calibration for the CPU and some other goodies, so you could always just flash the bios after you get setup. They have a utility called "winflash" which will flash your BIOS while your logged into windows.

best thing for you to try is put it together and try running with the BIOS it ships with. There shouldn't be a problem getting it to run stable for you. DFI makes great boards right out of the box. The newest BIOS has temperature calibration for the CPU and some other goodies, so you could always just flash the bios after you get setup. They have a utility called "winflash" which will flash your BIOS while your logged into windows.

Well then - - - okay! Thanks for the tips people, will tap back tomorrow night once she's all installed and chugging along. Perhaps I will take a look at the overclocking side of things. Can I actually expect to get FX-57 performance out of a 4000+ with this OCZ memory, or will I need some DDR 500 RAM???

Go DFI!!!

:shake: :nod: :cool: