BoiseHockey.net = needs some design help...

So to all of you who know of my love of hockey and computers...here's your chance to pick up some cool schwag from the Angry_Winger himself if you've got the chops.

http://www.boisehockey.net

belongs to me, and sw4y here at the forums is also helping (as we play hockey together). He'll be working on jersey designs as he has a logo/vinyl machine that can cut numbers/letters/designs etc for shirts, cases, walls, etc.

He can clue you in better as to what the damn thing is called, but here's what the Angry_Defenseman needs from some of you.

Take a look at the link above

it's pretty weak I know...but it's getting an upgrade at some point, depending on who wants to help come up with a design etc for it.

I can't pay no professional crew the thousand or more dollars they always want for a killer site...but plenty of you here are pro's or wanna-be pro's that do it as well as pro's just don't get paid like the pro's etc.

Sw4y and I need your help in putting together a cool site. I'm pretty sure it will be on the order of www.review-street.com which is a content site with forums built in.

We just need some design ideas (or maybe you are good at Flash or something else?), and a cool logo.

Our theme colors are going to be our eventual team colors of Orange & Black.

Because orange and black means badass, that's why heh.

Anyway...I don't know exactly what I can pay ya (whether it be $ or bling) yet, but everyone is free to come up with something.

Unlike the DFI-Street contest that is also a sticky up here...this isn't going to be going forever. It needs to be done (ie your design/logo/website skills part) in about a week...within a week or so I will know if you are the right person or persons for continued help (meaning continued schwag/$).

anyway...got to go eat

Duane (sw4y) is gonna come and speak his mind next and maybe have ideas that you can groove off of also ;)

boisehockeylogo1.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we are going to need two logos. The first logo is going to be for the main site. That one can be really detailed filled with a great color scheme. The second logo will be for our jersey's. The reason they need to be different is because my Vinyl Plotter can only cut solid colors. I can do multi color'ed logos(i may start selling custom logos here on the forums sometime soon), but it may be difficult with shirt material. I wouldn't mind a multi color logo, but if possible, keep it to basic colors that are easy to order.(Random weird colors are going to be hard/expensive to purchase).

If you could come up with a two sided jersey logo. Meaning a logo on the front and either BoiseHockey.net or something to that effect on the back with a number. That would be awesome.

Just as Angry said, we dont have much time to linger with this. We would like to get our name out quickly in the community so that ev.eryone we play with can use the site.

Thanks guys, i really appreciate your help.

Well we are looking for something along the lines of a 3D Hockey stick and maybe some mountain. Something that has all the components of HOCKEY but not too cheasy. Check out Angry's Avatar. Soemthing kinda like that but more in the lines of a website logo/jersey logo w/ Orange and Black. We also are going to need a Home/Away jersey set.

the Idaho Blades are NOT involved with anything

they are the state's junior AA travel team (14-16 year olds I think)

again, they have zero to do with anything that BoiseHockey.net does. BoiseHockey.net is our attempt to have a site for local adult and youth hockey, to get players and potential players interested and give them a hangout, and inform parents what a benefit hockey is to their children as well as allay any fears that hockey is a dangerous, thug-filled brutish sport (it can be, but not at youth levels, and adult hockey here does not allow checking of any kind).

BoiseHockey.net = I own it

IdahoBlades.org = belongs to the committee that supports AA travel hockey in teh state of Idaho (and I have zero to do with it other than Mylymok, our pro Steelheads defenseman for many years, has been given control of the team and the site and wants to make it look good)

rofl... sorry about that... i've been under quite a bit of pressure finishing up my projects for college.

everything makes sense now.

again sorry... sometimes i can be pretty dense. gonna start working on this stuff as soon as i get this flash project done.

Somewhere I recall seeing a rendering of the moon/sun over mountains. Imposed onto this was a hockey stick that appeared to be playing the moon/sun as a puck. I thought it was cool.

We would like to keep this original fariss. If you use something you have seen before to come up with an idea, thats awesome, but we dont want to take something not designed from someone we know.

I cant wait to see your designs cronocrash. We appreciate the effort.