BoiseHockey.net = needs some design help...

fariss i know dude, just getting it out there.

If you need some type of reference point i can try and come up with something, as an example but it would be horrible. I need to get PS back on my machine first.

You could include Hockey stick hitting a puck or something kinda like that, but unique.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.osubeavers.com/

is one cluttered site...

information overload....

I only posted the link because black and orange are the school colors. There is an awful lot of info on that page, and while it may seem cluttered to some, if you’re looking for something in particular, it’s easy to find, and it’s the only reason I go to that page is when I have something in particular to look for. You probably wouldn’t like the University of Oregon’s website either. Both sites are obviously designed by the same person(s). :D

ok kids its getting to be time to start getting this done

I've got nice little bits (mobo/ram maybe some other stuff) to anyone that can help us put this together

you WILL have to be able to connect it to a database as the site will need to keep stories, stats (from hockey leagues), possibly reviews, etc

some things to google to see how to customize is PHP Nuke, PHP-Nuke, NukeCops, etc

almost all review sites are pre-formed php based sites that connect to a MySQL database (just like this forum! lol).

if you don't know how to do this, or have another idea in mind, then just make sure you can set it up so that we can easily add pages, stats, etc

more of just a nice logo in photoshop for now...a 3d render maybe down the road but we need a nice little logo that can be resized down to webpage size, but yet the original needs to be large enough that print shops like Kinko's and jersey printers and Duane's vinyl plotter etc can use it

since Duane (sw4y) says his vinyl plotter doesn't like a lot of mixing of colors (like the Blackhawks logo is a little too intense for his plotter...it could be done...but it is a giant pain in the butt for something with complex color mixing like that), try to keep it simple, yet awesome (personally I like mean looking kick-your-butt stuff lol).

orange...black...use your imagination...if you love hockey you won't have any problem coming up with a hundred different ideas...if you don't love hockey and don't know much about the game other than it is brutal and played on ice in Canada...you might not get much in the way of ideas formed lol

I've started my layout for the BoiseHockey.net website. I'll have it up with links and maybe some flash stuffs tonight. WOOT FOR INSOMNIA!

But... I was just wondering if y'all have any photos or more info/text to work with. Can you give us anything else to incorporate into the site? It's a lot easier to incorporate stuff into the flow of the design if it's there to look at/play with. Even if you could give us some link titles that would be mighty keen. But if not no worries.

I have a few ideas for logos too, I'll prolly mock those up tonight too.

I'll edit this post with links. No need for 2 posts.