Overclocking A Sony Pcv-rz22g Newbie Help!

I have a Sony Vaio I want to over clock, it is a Asus P4S533VL mb, Award modular bios v6.0 revision 1001, P4 2.4 ghz, chip set is SiS 651rev. 2, Bios Id: 12/05/2002-SiS645-P4S533VL, it is running @ 133 clock speed now.There are no jumpers on mb except cmos, no options in the bios to change, there are no upgrades for bios that I have found, and the motherboard is not listed on asus website either. I am new to over clocking but not new to computers, I have seen it done on TV and think I understand how to do it, there is just nothing I can change that I can see unless there is another bios I could use, or change the motherboard, I tried the software fsb change programs with no luck. I could get a new motherboard and a faster cpu but that wouldn't be no fun, I will do that if I burn this one up.

Edited by road-runner

First of all, prebuilts (dells, sonys, compaqs) do not overclock well, if at all. They are often equipped with what you described: A bios with no voltage or clock controls. Second, before you go adjusting the clock speeds or voltage if you can, get some case fans and a new cpu fan, along something to check your temps in windows. You may end up just having to buy a new mobo.

Edited by Iggy

• 3 years later...

first of all some people shouldnt talk about what u cant and can do if they dont know ., u can overclock and vaio rz22g shutdown the pc disconnect power cable and pop the pill battery wait half a min, reboot computer cpu screen should be up select manual cpu settings and choose ur speed

And to clear up any confusion before this thread is locked.... No, you can not overclock the Sony. :rolleyes:

Before the thread is locked, actually although RR's way works, some have BIOS updates for them and allow all normal options for overclocking.

How do I know this? The sony vaio in my living room is overclockable.

This is the day I joined OCC

Yea I am suprised its not locked already. I found out about turning the power on and off a few times a little after I posted this when the electricity went on and off a few times in the whole house and it booted into safe mode bios. I wonder who has the bios? I have never found one using google?

Edited by road-runner

This is the day I joined OCC

Yea I am suprised its not locked already. I found out about turning the power on and off a few times a little after I posted this when the electricity went on and off a few times in the whole house and it booted into safe mode bios. I wonder who has the bios? I have never found one using google?

I've looked all over the place for an unlocked BIOS for some old OEM boards I had to play around with. All these "unlocked" ones ever did was render a few dud boards :lol: