Opty 165 Overclocking database

Sweet chip. Seems I can't go past 2.7 on my CCB1E, core #0 drops out in prime95 after ~5-10 minutes no matter what voltage. Core #1 seems to go higher than hell but that's no good if both cores can't go there. :/

I'll have it :)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i got a CCBBE 0610 last week and here is how my chip scales:

2.6 @ 1.3v

2.65 @ 1.35v

2.7 @ 1.375v

2.8 @ 1.475v (43c load)

2.85 @ 1.55v (45c load)

i know a lot of people are getting high clocks with low volts, so why does mine suck?

im shooting for 2.8 @ 1.45v which isnt a big order, but for some reason the most ive ever gotten prime stable is 10 minutes.

here are my BIOS settings:

DRAM configuration:

Divider: 1/2

CPC: Enable

Tcl: 3.0

Trcd: 4

Tras: 8

Trp: 4

Trc: 10

Trfc: 16

Trrd: 3

Twr: 3

Twtr: 2

Trwt: 3

Tref: 1560 cycles

Odd divisor correct: enable

DRAM bank intervleave: enabled

DQS Skew Control: auto

DQS Skew Value: 0

DRAM Drive Stregth: 8

DRAM Data Drive Strength: 1 (reduce 50%)

MAL: 9ns

DRAM response time: normal

Read Preamble: 6ns

IdleCycle Limit: 64 Cycles

Dynamic Counter: Disable

R/W Queue Bypass: 16x

Bypass Max: 4x

32 Byte Granularity: disable (4 bursts)

GENIE BIOS SETTINGS:

FSB Bus Frequency: 311 MHz

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio: x 2.5

LDT Bus Transfer Width: 16/16

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio: X 9.0

PCI Express Frequency 100 MHz

K8 CnQ: disable

CPU VID Startup Value: Startup

CPU VID Control: 1.450v

CPU VID Special Control: auto

LDT Voltage control: 1.40v

Chipset Voltage Control: 1.50v

DRAM voltage control: 2.7v

help?

If it's Prime stable at 1.475 but not 1.45 timing changes aren't going to help. 1.475 is what it's going to take unless you can get the temperature down.

I could use a little help. My CCBBE will go up to almost 3.2ghz.... the problem I am having is my system reboots at all different OC's. I have tried it with the memory async and sync. When I run prime it just reboots after about 20 minutes.... doesn't matter how much voltage... it does it @ 2.7-3.1Ghz.... not sure what is going on. My other cpu's would fail prime not reboot.... but this is a new board and new cpu, I have never tested any other cpu's in it. My past experience has been vastly different from this one which makes me think it's something else other than the cpu. One thing is, I did not reinstall windows when I installed the new board, I reinstalled a week ago on a A8N5X then put in the Expert with the CCBBE and booted adding the missing drivers. I know it's a rookie thing to do, but it "worked" and I didn't feel like messing with it. Is it possible that this is the problem. Also, I am using an Antec Neo 480.... should be more than sufficient. When I had my CCBWE set up sli with 7800GX's OC'ed to 2.6 it would only draw around 330W(on the premium before the 5X). Now I only have 1 GTX installed. Even at a 275 bus speed x9 it still reboots during prime. Does anyone have any ideas?

Purchased an OEM Operton 165 CCB1E 0609 FPMW from Monarch a few weeks ago. Using a Thermalright XP-120 Heatsink (max temp 46C during prime).

Prime-Stable (8+ hours) at:

2.9GHz @ 1.5V (HTT is 322)

2.65GHz @1.3V (HTT is 294)

Boots into Windows at 3.0Ghz and will do Sisoft Sandra benchmarks, but will not pass Dual-Prime.

EDIT: BTW, below is a link to a Opteron 165 stepping list which shows which are good, and which to avoid:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96900

Guest benny

Hi, I have a CCBBE 0610DPMW as well and I can stand 2650MHz stock voltage and 3050 at 1.55V but what worries me is the PWMIC temp that reach 57°C during Stress (or video transcoding). The CPU temp is around 64°C on my board (but do I need to correct it in the bios , and how much?).

What do you think of these values

did i forget to mention im at 41c load @ 1.475v?

By lower I meant way lower such as a chiller. Looking at your figures that's just how that chip is scaling.

Even at a 275 bus speed x9 it still reboots during prime. Does anyone have any ideas?

If you haven't already done so, Memtest the memory 1 stick at a time and follow The Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking guide as it's laid out. Until you are really familiar with how you system is going to react with different settings, not following the steps in the guide usually leads to going in circles.

Hi, I have a CCBBE 0610DPMW as well and I can stand 2650MHz stock voltage and 3050 at 1.55V but what worries me is the PWMIC temp that reach 57°C during Stress (or video transcoding). The CPU temp is around 64°C on my board (but do I need to correct it in the bios , and how much?).

What do you think of these values

57C for the PWMIC is within limits for the chip. You can point a fan at that area to cool it down. 64C on the cpu I would do something about. These chips run relatively cool. Personally I would never run 24/7 at that temp.

Guest benny
57C for the PWMIC is within limits for the chip. You can point a fan at that area to cool it down. 64C on the cpu I would do something about. These chips run relatively cool. Personally I would never run 24/7 at that temp.

Thanks Praz, but for the CPU, is it the real Temp or do I need to correct it down with the BIOS option that DFI introduce in their last official BIOS.

How can I know that this is really the good temp?