Opty 165 Overclocking database

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my current setup, dual-primed.

dualprimeandcpuz1yx.th.jpg

When I've gotten rid of my übercrappy freezer pro (the ridges on the copper base are just ridiculous.) and put a BT on it I'll up the voltage.

ps. I had some weird RAM divider set in BIOS. Fixed after I noticed, didn't fancy another long prime just for that.. They're not O/C ram anyway so I'm running them @ 200Mhz.

praz wow...u already pretty much pwn all :drool: and you're going to top yourself :eek: although i wonder how much further an opty 165 can go. i imagine not too farther than where ur at.

and i hope you meant powerstream 520 if powerstream 600 can't handle then ur rig is a wattage eating monster!

The 520W in my sig. Iv'e pretty much reached the point of diminishing returns now although I consider it more like fine tuning. With the Mushkin I might be able to get more out of the processor or go up a divider with the memory. Right now I'm limited at 3025MHz because the memory isn't 3d stable any higher. The processor will do 3050MHz Prime stable at current voltage settings.

3050prime1ad.th.png

The 520W in my sig. Iv'e pretty much reached the point of diminishing returns now although I consider it more like fine tuning. With the Mushkin I might be able to get more out of the processor or go up a divider with the memory. Right now I'm limited at 3025MHz because the memory isn't 3d stable any higher. The processor will do 3050MHz Prime stable at current voltage settings.

3050prime1ad.th.png

yea i kno what you mean by that whole ram deal. i can't get 3ghz to be stable b/c my ram can't keep up. i sure wish i would have gotten some ddr500's.

Just a quick question about HT...

I know in the past I've kept A64 systems that I've built for friends at around 2,000 HT. I'm receiving my Opteron 165 in the mail tomorrow, and I'm just making sure that keeping the HT for the Opteron around 1,000 is the correct thing to do. (Newb question I know... just making certain.)

Need help here, i got my opty 165 CCB1E 0606VPMW i overclock it to 2.5ghz(278HT*9) 9 multi,1.344V.

My memory is a mushking ddr500 2gb it's running 250.3mhz, FSBRAM CPU/10, CAS 3.0, RAS to CAS delay 4, RAS Precharge 3, TRAS 7, Bank Cycle time 7, 1T. This info was taken from cpu-z

When i enter windows there is some kind of strange sound but entering only and when i'm in for example if someone sing in on messenger there is a sound like a bell but it happens from time to time only. When i try to give more Voltage to the cpu when like in 2.6 and in 2.8 no matter what type of settings i put, when i enter in windows it appears an error saying something like there whas some kind of exception or another error is from ati comand line interface something like that.

With the settings i have below the errors dosen't appear but the sound like the bell does appear but everything works fine my X-Fi sounds normal in itunes or playing videos the bell sound dosen't appear. I forgot something when i increase the voltage there is no sound when i'm in windows.

From this problem i'm having i was thinking that the cause is my power supply maybe is a thermaltake 420watts(500watts max load) i was thinking of getting a 500watts or bigger.

I can't enter windows in 3ghz but in 2.9 yes.

Just a quick question, maybe it's posted elsewhere and I couldn't find it...

If you have a dual core processor (such as an Opteron 165) is it required to complete a dual Prime to enter it into the overclocking database? I would assume so as I see everyone posting shots of their processors dual primed... Just making sure though!

If you have a dual core processor (such as an Opteron 165) is it required to complete a dual Prime to enter it into the overclocking database?

Yes it is. Minimum 8 hours.

I read a bit of information yesterday about how to get a dual prime up, but the link is evading me today. I can't seem to find it.

Is there a thread on this or could you point me in the correct direction? Thanks Praz!

Finally got my parts in yesterday from Newegg. Decided to order the CFX3200 board along with the Opty 165!

Dual Primed and some 3dMarks:

2600complete0ca.th.jpg

2600032ox.th.jpg

2600057vh.th.jpg

I think if I tighten my timings and tweak them up a bit I could score much higher in the 3d benchmarks, as well as Everest. This is only after 2 days of messing with it though, so I'm really satisfied with my system as a whole so far.

I'm going to shoot for 2700MHz next and work on tightening up my RAM timings as well as getting an OC going on my x1900xt. I haven't messed with it at all yet.

Guest benny

I would like to know somethingabout the CPU thermal diode.

Do the Thermal diode and the CPU temp readable on the board have to be the same ?

Because when I use nxsensor, my Thermal diode sensor is about 8°C less than the CPU temp in ITE smart. Shall put the thermal offset of the bios to - 8 to correct it ?

With CBI (central brain identifier, I have Tcase Max on 57°C and Thermal offset at -8°C.