NHL Playoffs

n1ce_hat

as long as Vancouver has Bertuzzi-slasher and Naslund-whiner, they will be the most hated team in hockey to momma and I (and many others)

I will never forgive Bertuzzi for what he did, and I will never forgive his butt-buddy Naslund for saying some of the stupidest things a human could ever say in defense of Bertuzzi-slasher

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as Vancouver has Bertuzzi-slasher and Naslund-whiner, they will be the most hated team in hockey to momma and I (and many others)

I will never forgive Bertuzzi for what he did, and I will never forgive his butt-buddy Naslund for saying some of the stupidest things a human could ever say in defense of Bertuzzi-slasher

As a canuck fan I can agree with you about Bertuzzi, but not about Naslund!! LoL. Sure Bert was a complete and total moron (and not for the first time) but Naslund has a duty to back up his guys, he's the captain! He sorta has a duty to back up a guy on the team no matter what. I watched the game with the Bertuzzi attack on Moore, and I could see it coming, and besides just about kiilling a guy, he throws away a season's worth of hard work for the entire team.

The previous season he actually came off the bench to be the 3rd man in on a fight, earning a nice 10 game suspension to go along with a $5 million salary. He's not known for making good choices, or having much in the way of impulse control....

Only problem now is he's getting paid an insane amount of money, and not producing, so we won't even be able to GIVE him away. Just a weight on the salary cap atm.

Don't hate the whole Canucks team on account of them though.. Our future looks better then the past with the Sedin twins leading the way. Those guys are future hall of famers and probably the top line for the next 5-6 seasons. If you haven't seen em play then do yourself a favour and catch a game! You could even booo #44 every time he steps on the ice hehe.

He sorta has a duty to back up a guy on the team no matter what

I don't buy this

I wouldn't back up any guy on my team that did something so blatantly stupid as to end a man's career before it really ever got started

and I wouldn't run my mouth saying that the guy who got his neck broke wasn't good enough to be in the NHL...that is so ******* stupid of a thing to say that it makes me wonder if Naslund is retarded and inbred because Moore got injured IN AN NHL GAME so he WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE NHL YOU @$#^@#$ MORON NASLUND

thats why Naslund is so stupid and should be speared in the face everywhere he goes so he can't open his stupid mouth.

thats like sticking up for a pedophile or a murderer or that jerk friend all of us have had that always goes too far and gets us in trouble and we defend him until the end even though we want to spear him in the mouth every time as well.

I watched the game with the Bertuzzi attack on Moore, and I could see it coming, and besides just about kiilling a guy, he throws away a season's worth of hard work for the entire team.

I got to watch it later and even if you are getting whipped 25-0 (instead of 9-0) it doesn't give you the right to attack someone from behind like that. It was stupid and dangerous and Naslund is just as guilty because of what he said afterwards that was totally out of line.

When you are losing you suck it up like a man and deal with it, or you turn your game around and start winning. You don't cheap shot some rookie kid, not even if he plowed your guy a few games back and gave him a concussion.

Don't hate the whole Canucks team on account of them though.. Our future looks better then the past with the Sedin twins leading the way. Those guys are future hall of famers and probably the top line for the next 5-6 seasons. If you haven't seen em play then do yourself a favour and catch a game! You could even booo #44 every time he steps on the ice hehe.

we don't hate the entire team when Bertuzzi and Naslund are gone. Once they are gone, we will be Canucks fans and forgive the organization for having a thug and a retard on the team at one time.

The Sedins ARE awesome, and Carter on their line outproduced Morrison/Bert/Naslund this year pretty easily. Morrison is another kid who I like (he was on my fantasy team and guys on our fantasy teams usually get paid attention to by us on Center Ice). Too bad he's on the same team and line as the thug and the retard.

It was a shame to see Cloutier go down also, but at the same time I enjoyed that the Canucks would again miss the playoffs. As long as their organization keeps those two jerkoffs around, it is a thumb in the eye of a lot of good fans like us who believe that hockey's thug days were over in the 1970's.

The problem is I really really like Bertuzzi's skill on the ice. He's a huge hulking dude with speed and good hands and he can lay down crushing checks then snitch the puck and take it end to end...but he's like a guy we know around here named Billy Tibbets...a guy who can't control himself...a guy who will fly off the handle and make threats and even try to act on them during a game...a guy who won't take his meds because it makes him less of a hockey player but if he doesn't take his meds it makes him a huge threat to everyone's safety lol...

*sigh*

I'm totally bored until October...can't wait to see what moves everyone makes this off-season!

...but he's like a guy we know around here named Billy Tibbets...a guy who can't control himself...

Keep an eye out for your hero, Joe Thornton, who has had a tendency to play like that himself in the past. Not to a shithead Bertuzzi extent, but flying off the handle a bit before he stops to think. He has used his stick a couple times in anger.

Up until this season, I'd seen nearly every game he was in.

Then again, scumbag Bertuzzi got Joe with a cheap shot sucker punch to the eye, while Joe was crouched over and already going down.

Hopefully Joe has matured enough and maintains his temper.

Joe seems like he has matured quite a bit...I'd like to think that quick temper is mostly from a combination of two things

1. being on a crappy team and wanting the hell out of Boston

2. being one of the best players in the league so he's always getting hand-checked, stick-checked, clutched/grabbed etc

Notice this year that sort of play was not tolerated and guys like him really shined because their defenders were forced to actually play DEFENSE not CLUTCH-N-GRAB which takes no skill other than balance and enough speed to smash someone into the boards or catch them and smother them.

I think in the next few years you are going to see an era like the Gretzky era but with even more skill as teams like Detroit (as much as I hate them), Ottawa, Buffalo, etc...teams that excel at the TEAM aspect and yet use their individual strengths...look at Carolina...they are an excellent TEAM organization that is simply loaded with individual talent...no one on the Cane's really shined over anyone else in the playoffs...thats the sign of a real TEAM and I really like that kind of hockey!

being on a crappy team and wanting the hell out of Boston

That was the case this year, but not before that, the Bruins were ending at or near the top of the division and even conference while he was here.

But you are right about about the clutching and grabbing having a lot to do with it. Hopefully that won't be much of a problem anymore.

On the plus side, The Bruins have freed a bit of salary by trading Joe and Sammy. It will interesting to see what they do with it. I hope they make the best of it.

The list of UFA's is just insane this offseason. With the cap going up to 44m hopefully we'll see some major changes around the league.

Considering going to the draft this year, but it's looking pretty lackluster. It always sounds better then it actually is... and it doesn't sound all that good.

As for Thorton, it was bad enough having him on the West Coast after the trade deadline. I hate to think how SJ is going to be next season. They should really make a showing.

ya momma and me and my brother are all VERY excited to see what San Jose can do with a full year of Joe and some good free agents.

this is the last year of our season ticket agreement with our local team and we are disgusted with them.

not for their play...we could care less if the team loses 72 games per year (they only play 72 haha).

what we care about is the organization seems to be run by imbiciles who have no clue what hockey is about, nor how to make new fans and keep existing fans. Since we are 3-year season tix holders that will not be renewing after this season...you can sense that they are total morons if they have pissed us all off. Their average attendance is horrible and so is all of the bs they do during games grrr.

anyway...we are gonna spend our annual season tix money now to see San Jose, Colorado, and Phoenix at least once per season...I can't wait!!!

I've never been to a real NHL game

I've only been to a preseason NFL game, never a real seasons game

I've only been to a minor league baseball game when I lived in FL...never a real regular season game.

I've seen Michael Jordan lose to the Orlando Magic twice and saw teh Atlanta Hawks whip the Magic once in NBA

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks Senior Vice-President and General Manager Dave Nonis announced today that goaltender Robert Luongo, defenceman Lukas Krajicek and a sixth round pick in tomorrow’s Entry Draft have been acquired from the Florida Panthers in exchange for Bryan Allen, Alex Auld and Todd Bertuzzi......!!

I hate to see Auld go, he's a promising young goalie who stood tall for us last season, but Luongo is finally the world class tender we've been looking for!

Nice to get #44 out of town now and maybe get it behind us once and for all. All the Eastern Conference teams can boo him hah!

H_G you will enjoy a real NHL game for sure! The biggest thing you notice live is the speed compared to junior levels.

• 10 months later...
Guest Joalaielna

Man...I can't believe no one is chatting about the playoffs. Anyway, Just wanted to let everyone Know I was at saturday's AWESOME wings game! Coudn't believe they won! That was the loudest venue I'de ever been to! It was absolutly crazy...with the towels and the squids on the ice. I loved it, Way better than watching it on TV.

I love when people give me tickets! at 108 bucks each I could never afford to go!

Yes I agree, it's strange I haven't seen anything either about the playoffs. I mean this site has historically been just as much a hockey forum.

I'm too far from the real action so I don't have any real favorite. Even though I don't like that my avatar has a Swedish flag (I don't like patriotic signs), I naturally know more and get more news about the Swedish players. In view of that I've been intrigued by Rangers this season; it looks like the coach has done a great job in getting the team to perform their best hockey when they most need it. Nylander is a nice guy, who might at times do everything looking beautiful and elegant (sometimes he does that too much), and now when he and his companion Jagr are producing a lot it could get really interesting to follow. Their last games haven't been perfect, so let's see what happens when they return to Madison Square Garden.