SATAII 3.0GB/s

Hey all anyone know any good bencharking software for HDD's? When I start the comp my new WD320GB SataII drive registers as PATA 133 and I cant get it to show up anywhere that it is a SataII capable hard drive. Yes I have the Lanparty Ultra-D and yes the drive is plugged into where its supposed to be... Any thoughts? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks all,

Vec

From now until it gets good and freezing down there; it will always show ATA133 at boot since that is how Nvidia set it up.

RGone...

Ah thanks for the clearification bud. So as long as I'm sure the drive is what it is and I have it plugged it right, its safe to assume its running at 3.0gbs speeds?

Ah thanks for the clearification bud. So as long as I'm sure the drive is what it is and I have it plugged it right, its safe to assume its running at 3.0gbs speeds?

What is it showing up as in Windows?

If you have the Nvidia IDE installed it shows up as "Serial Generation 2-3G" (see pic.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=4307&stc=1

Remember that's the theoretical maximum, not the actual sustained transfer rate. Real life speeds usually hover around 50-60 megabytes per sec.

Remember that's the theoretical maximum, not the actual sustained transfer rate. Real life speeds usually hover around 50-60 megabytes per sec.

I wonder about this..

is there an advantage to get the new gen sata drives ?

Well burst speeds can hit 100 megabyte per sec with normal drives and I think with Raptors they can hit 150-200 MBPS also in bursts. So it's nice to know the bandwidth is there.