file missing ???

ok i just build my pc today.i was installing drivers and games and i restarted the pc and this message came up FILE MISSING OR CORRUPRT SYSTEM 32HAL.DLL.

i can not acces my windows and i can not reinstall windows because of this i tryed.

there seems to be another pro with my bios i can not selcet any thing using the keyboard but it works fine in window ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, you can't access the Bios, how? Did you try clearing the Cmos. Taking all your components out and leaving Motherboard, Cpu, one stick of memory in the orange slot furthest from the processor socket, a hard drive and a burner? I can't understand why you can't go into the bios!! Oh, do you have the DFI LOGO on, is that why you can't access the Bios maybe? Use a PS/2 keyboard and do not use any USB items for now, and keep pressing "DEL" button when you see the DFI LOGO. Very odd.....very....

Those "missing or corrupt" mesages usually mean you corrupted the hard drive. Memory problems usually cause this. Use mem check before you boot into windows to be sure your memory works correctly.

Your best bet is to re-install windows - after passing memcheck

FILE MISSING OR CORRUPRT SYSTEM 32HAL.DLL.

I had this message one day for no reason on my old computer. I think I got really lucky with a fix and I have no idea if it would work on another machine. I managed to copy the HAL.DLL to a floppy boot disk(from a working computer using the same version of windows, XP home). Used the Dos boot disk and managed to copy the dll in to the system folder. Rebooted, and it amazingly ran fine. Again I have no idea if this would work for you.

As to your other problems I dont know.

no when i was updating amd drivers i had to change boot.ini file that tells windows what operationg systems are thee pc.put the guy i was reading the faq from on the net must of had xp proffesional and coped and pasted his i.

i tried 3 keyboards 2 new and 1 old no of them wrked.in other compuers i see the keyboard lights flash but not in this pc ? its like the bios is not even givin the keyboard power ?

i cant do any thing with the pc because dos will not bott the windows disck .any ideaS.