Evercool VC-RE NF4/CFX3200/RDX200 chipset replacement fan @ SVC.com!!!

Does using the Evercool VC-RE void DFI's warranty? Or have DFI come to the conclusion that use of the VC-RE is acceptable considering it is used by the vast majority of DFI owner's and therefore, a highly successful and widely accepted modification?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kobalt
I'm pretty sure replacing your chipset fan voids your DFI warranty, in fact any physical modification will void your warranty.

Yeah, basically any mods you do to the board voids the warranty.

If Nvidia would have used a heatspread like on current cpus, then there would be less risk (ie, chipping the core) but they don't, so we all suffer, and do things VERY carefully. :))

accualy, from what i understood, it doesnt void your warrenty... and there is no reason for it to void it, unless you chip something ofcourse...

as long as you dont break anything, no harm done, no?

accualy, from what i understood, it doesnt void your warrenty... and there is no reason for it to void it, unless you chip something ofcourse...

as long as you dont break anything, no harm done, no?

now

this is spoken by someone who knows what they are talking about

or at least guessed correctly

which makes most anyone else who just comes in here talking like they own the company when they actually don't know much of anything about whether or not it voids the warranty...well...it makes them look rather foolish...

especially with the DFI USA Support Manager tells you that no, it does not void your warranty unless you damage the board or a board component in the process.

And...I think I would know this...since I guess I am that guy (the support mgr)

and

since I have put up tutorials explaining exactly how to do this so you WONT void your warranty...

now

don't ya feel a little foolish for spreading such nonsense as fact when it is just...nonsense?

Guest Kobalt

And...I think I would know this...since I guess I am that guy (the support mgr)

and

since I have put up tutorials explaining exactly how to do this so you WONT void your warranty...

now

don't ya feel a little foolish for spreading such nonsense as fact when it is just...nonsense?

That is the thing though. IF they do damage the chip then the warranty is void. Maybe they are a klutz, and even looking at the tutorial, they goof it.

That is all I was trying to say.

That is the thing though. IF they do damage the chip then the warranty is void. Maybe they are a klutz, and even looking at the tutorial, they goof it.

That is all I was trying to say.

heh I wasn't really directing it at you...more to the guy who just knows for sure it voids the warranty

as I stated...it does NOT void the warranty to modify the board with just cooling

your warranty IS void if you modify the electronics, solder, etc, or if you damage the board in any way while modding it.

besides, i really have to say, if you cant replace a small n easy chipset cooler, you shouldnt be having DFI, or... your just a totall klutz @_@

darn, im impressed with this small cooler, really lowered my temps, cant hear it at all...

a bit less impressed with the artic silencer, but maybe im just overdoing it :

it is quite, and it cools the core a lot better, i dunno, i thought i could OC more, but i cant : i guess thats the limit for my card, snif snif going to cry a river :

did a mistake by putting AS5 on the gpu core, heard it works better with the original bla bla paste they put : too bad again :|

at least i aint reaching 58c chipset temps no more :)

Guest Kobalt

Happy, did you get a chance to check the temp differences between the two (well 3 if you count the original chipset cooler)? There is no more hockey on TV, so you can't use that excuse. :D lol

haven't done any hardcore hardcore testing still but from what I can see so far...no real difference between the two aftermarket coolers in temps on the NF4 Expert with an X1900XT and Accelero cooler blowing down right on top of the PCI-E slot

as always, about 10C better cooling than the stock one