Broken Printer!

hardwarefreek

I got a call from a friend that I built a comp for, to say the printer I recommended for him (HP photosmart type) was garbage & why did I tell him to buy it!

I talked to him & agreed to drive down & see it for myself as it was printing solid block text without margins, header or footers! Weird, I thought, doesn't sound like a corrupted printer driver, so i used the printer buttons to create a test page---perfect!!!

ahaaa, let's see the PC word program then. OK he had a 15" monitor 'cos he was cheap & wouldn't pay

:withstupid: All too true. My aunt thinks that cause she paid me to build her computer that i like to be bothered 24/7 with her user error problems. It gets really annoying after a while. But hey, if there werent any stupid people.... Who would pay us? :lol:

Sometimes it pays, not to do a friend/relative a favour! <_<

no kidding!!!! this is the # 1 reason I don't build as many systems as I used to. they call because of the infamous chair to keyboard interface error and expect me to fix it. I just tell them I only fix computer problems, anything with the user is the users problem.