Psywar

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pets everyone :)

Once I move I shall purchase an exotic pet...maybe

start small. I think psywar has one of the best lizards for a first time owner (odd seeing it with the chameleon but hey) in a bearded dragon. they're as smart as a dog, they're very friendly, and can be tamed quickly. plus they have a good diet of fruits, vegies, and other things that are easier to deal with than mice and crickets for other reptiles. plus they're calm enough to have them sit on your shoulder and go out in public like that (wanna see lots of females flock to see your pet?) but don't grow too big to do that with like an iguana. they don't need massive amounts of room to be happy, and you can easily get 2 or more of them in a moderate sized aqarium without having to worry about them trying to kill one another (unlike thier close relative a water dragon... stupid thing has killed every other critter it's had in it's cage, and attacked every one of my other pets so far).

dogs learn not to mess with lizards. they're a LOT faster than you'd think when they want to be. and they have ways of defending themselves against critters like dogs and cats. Keep in mind my biggest iguana weighs in around 10lbs and he chases of 120+lbs of big dogs away from thier own food dish every morning. the smallest lizard I have is a 1.5foot 1/2lb water dragon who is even worse. when she gets out she chases the dogs trying to eat them or something (last time she got out she was clamped down on one of the rots necks trying to do who knows what). plus you have to remember they're in an aquarium that's usually kept off the floor and out of site for the dogs.

I dont think my dog would learn her lesson. So far she has broken 3 teeth on armadilos, killed dozens of rabits, squirrels are tasty along with chipmunks, ate the neighbors cat in belguim, and almost took the head off of a puppy we tried to get. Somehow she doesnt seem to be intrested in our cat i guess its cause it sits and stares at her (although i wish she would off the bugger as he is an idiot)

Last thing my dog is to smart for her own good and pulls down crap. She is getting rather old now and i think i will see if i can get a lizard as my next pet (i do love my dog but im not gonna keep her if she is in pain)

as big read said.. the bearded dragons are very nice and very easy to keep..

the chamelon on the other hand.. Ive had for about a year.. he has only gotten sick once.. and it was calcium deffency.. but we got that cleared up in a about a week.. now hes a happy little critter..

Weve had snakes.. Im not very fond of them.. what where they called... ball something pythons.. they arnt poisionus or anything..

I just dident care for them.. they kept getting out of the cage.. not that it was a big deal.. cuz they go for the nearest heat source when they get out.. so if u have snakes just put like a heating pad of some sort in a corner.. so if they ever get out thats where you will most likly find them lol..

btw psywar did you notice the price of bearded dragons jumped thru the roof this summer? the local breeder for them just got his butt tossed in jail for raising and selling other illegal reptiles (gila monsters, ect). he was my neighbor! we used to find beardeds, baby igs, anoles, rat snakes, and all kinds of crap running thru out the neighborhood that got out of his house. such a shame that the water dragon has eaten 3 beardeds :( they're one of the only lizards that will show emotion for it's owner.

Bigred, I noticed that too. I was going to get one, and they were only like 70-80 bucks for a baby one, but now all of sudden they're like 100+ around here. Oh well. I too had a ball python back in the day. It only get out once thou.

I have fish and a little POS lizard now. Myabe some pics tommorow after I clean my room...i'll make a post of my room and whatever.

Hey Big red: we got a guy locally by us somewhere I am not sure where yet.. But hes sells the lizards n stuff.. But their stolen Lizards..

Hes been going to pet stores. talking to employess about fish.. and then taking the reptiles in the tanks n stuff below..

one of the stores has been Petsmart on Rochester road.. my girl works their and she has witnessed him doing it.. and when they went out to get his plates.. he coverd it up with ducttape..

My moms ex boyfriend has an igunana that's really nice, very odd, he doesn't bite or whip his tail, the guy takes this thing every where with him, it's huge, it's like 13+ pounds, it lets people hold it and touch it and feed it everything.

I'd like to get a bearded dragon though, I got a bunch of furry pets, sugar glider, cat, ferrets, and a dog.