Overclock 2500+ (n00b)

VoLCoM-

Hi,

I'm a newbie in overclocking and i want to overclock my processor ( Amd Athlon XP 2500+ 333 (Barton)) I have an Abit NF7-S motherboard and my processor is currently running at 1833mhz(or something like that) :angry: I'd like to run it at least at 2.5ghz i Got some ddr400 i dont know what i have to do??

change the FSB to 400? i dont know what i have to do...to overclock it ...or which fans i have to install?

Thanks in advance

-Guillaume

Edited by VoLCoM-

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm just starting... i have changed my Front Side bus to 200mhz and the multiplicator to 9.5 so i should get 1900mhz right? that's what i got but about....15 minutes later my computer restarted without a notice lol. can someone explain me why did my computer did that? like to run it at 2.1 or 2.2ghz....i'm with my stock fan the AMD fan....i plan to buy a fan like the CoolerMaster Jet7 or a thermaltake Volcano 12 , 11+ or 9 .....what is better? i dunno if the Jet7 is good but it looks good lol..anyway if someone can help me i'd be verry happy :D lol

thanks again

-Guillaume

Edited by VoLCoM-

If it crashes i have to lower down the FSB or the multiplicator?

my FSB is currently set at 200 should i set it at 199 or 198 ??

will prime 95 tell me why did my computer crashed? i have some 3200 so its not the memory? i can only be my cheap power supply? lol

Edited by VoLCoM-

ive seen peopel getting 2200mhz on the stock cooler try a lil more core voltage say 1.75 but keep a eye on your temps also your ram might need a lil more vdimm set that to 2.7 or 2.8 11x200 for 3200+ speeds with the stock fan can be reached just be sure you have good case cooling

what type of cooling did you use on those 10 2500+ the few ive seen do 2200mhz @stock voltages were on slk800 or 900 heatsinks

Edited by fanATIc1205

yeah i know but i'm dont have any money lol i have to get a job and i can't cause i'm 15 years old (in canada we have to be 16 to work) but I'll buy one as soon as i get the money... what would you suggest me?? are Vantec Stealth VAN-520A or Antec TrueBlue 480W ....or something better that i dont know? that wont cost me 500$ lol

Edited by VoLCoM-