Overclock 2500+ (n00b)

VoLCoM-

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ok whoever said u can do 200x11 without a volt increase needs to get their head checked. Im doin 200x11 and have to have a 1.75 vcore no more no less"

Well as I have said I have built a number of these and they all ran 200X11 at 1.6V, can get screen shots if you need them, so i really don't need my head examined! Just so you know!!! :P

"Ok whoever said u can do 200x11 without a volt increase needs to get their head checked. Im doin 200x11 and have to have a 1.75 vcore no more no less"

Well as I have said I have built a number of these and they all ran 200X11 at 1.6V, can get screen shots if you need them, so i really don't need my head examined!  Just so you know!!!    :P

what type of cooling did you use ive seen 2500_ do 2200mhz at stock voltage and ive seen some that need 1.8 just because you got those to that speeds doesnt mean every one is going to hit that at stock voltage .every cpu overclcoks differently mine does it at stock wiht a low ambiant but 1.7 keeps it stable

Edited by fanATIc1205

good I'll change my PSU and my CPU Fan

What do you suggest me?

I want a good PSU and a Good Fan

do i need to purchase CPU Thermal Paste like....Arctic Silver 3 ?

A good fan in the averages of 50$

and a good PSU in the averages of 150$

Thermalright SLK947U is not a little loud? 55db is kinda loud i think...but 110cfm lol this is the first time i heard this the maximum i heard was about 75cfm

with the antec trueblue ou truepower 430.. you think that i shouldn'T crash randomly like i do presently? :P (I know that the overclocking depends on the cpus but do you think that i can go up to 2200mhz without a problem with those settings?) A Thermaltake V9 or V11 would do the job? because i think the Thermalright SLK947U does not come with a fan if i read coreclty

Thanks

-Guillaume (a new OC addict) lol

Edited by VoLCoM-

there not good coolers thermaltake is nowhere near the performance of the slk900 or 800 the slk heatsinks come with no fans so you goota buy a fan. they work really good with mid cfm fans . if you get the 900 get a 92mm fan with like50 to 70 cfm and sround 35db or if you get the 800 get something with about 40cfm and your set . also the thermaltakes you mention are loud and whiny at least with the slk you can pick your own fan. the thermaltake 9 has one of the loudest 80mm fans and the 11 is just plain loud at full speed if you want to best cooling get the slk series or swifttech 462v with a quiet 90mm fan

my antec true 430 is rock solid 3harddrives 2 cdroms highly overclcoked system and 4 fans in my system. the 430 is more than youll ever need for a few years

Edited by fanATIc1205

Ok whoever said u can do 200x11 without a volt increase needs to get their head checked. Im doin 200x11 and have to have a 1.75 vcore no more no less.

heheh I guess I need my head checked too. Been running 200 x 11 for months now @ default voltages. :P

Air cooled with this http://www.coolermasterusa.com/Product.aspx?ID=6

Edited by Rev.

some 2500+ can do 3200+ speeds default voltage some cant . i had a green 2500+ that could do 2200mhz at stock voltage but i could not get any more mhz out of it even @1.85volts on a slk900 its all luck but id say the maybe 10% of the barton 2500_ out there can run 2200mhz stock voltages but most of them cant it also has alot to do with cooling if load temps stay around low 40's im sure most all barton2500+ aqxeas can do 2200mhz with stock voltage

Edited by fanATIc1205