Brutal 3dMark06 Results when compared, need advice ASAP! :-(

duckdown

Thanks for the responses so far guys

Well, how do I go about raising the Memory Clock speed then for my video card? That seems to be the only major apparent factor.. That guy above me said he's getting a whopping 4500!

Are there any guides or guidelines to follow, and how do I go about testing higher memory clock speeds?

You can download coolbits (search google) which enables an overclocking feature hidden within the NVIDIA drivers. This allows easy overclocking of both the memory and core. Go in incraments of 5Mhz until the card begins to artifact (snow, weird looking shapes, etc.) and then back it down 10Mhz or so. There's probably a better guide for video card overclocking somewhere around here . . .

Thanks for the responses so far guys

Well, how do I go about raising the Memory Clock speed then for my video card? That seems to be the only major apparent factor.. That guy above me said he's getting a whopping 4500!

Are there any guides or guidelines to follow, and how do I go about testing higher memory clock speeds?

heh, there is more to it then that I am sure.... they no how to tweak settings in rivatuner etc....

however, you can get coolbits registry and install (google), click manual overclocking in clocks and frequencies.

rivatuner to up your core/mem speeds...

there is an OC your video card write up here somewhere...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46635 :tooth:

Whoa, pretty cool.. Check it out

I installed coolbits, did the detect optimal settings, changed them around a bit to 510mhz core, 1.20ghz MemFreq, runs beautifully and with no artificating at all as far as I can tell, and I've run a few tests

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=197918

Boom!

I made 4100+ 3dMarks!

Guess everything was OK after all.. I gotta put it through an intense gaming session now and report back.. but, does everything look OK?

Thanks all!

Edit: Odd.. Coolbits shows it at 510mhz Core, and 1.20ghz MemFreq, but if you follow my link to the FutureMark results it's actually only at 468mhz Core and 1197mhz .. I knew that sounded ridiculous.. Weird, huh?