Brutal 3dMark06 Results when compared, need advice ASAP! :-(

duckdown

Hi there all..

You can see my full system specs in my signature.. I'm writing because I've got a pretty bad problem, I'd say..

My 3dMark06 scores absolutely blow, especially when compared to others with similar specs online. Literally, a person with a slower video card and a person with a much less overclocked CPU is obliterating me in 3dMark06 (Let's not forget way less RAM).

I am running at 2700mhz with my Opteron 146, and it's ULTRA stable.. I mean seriously; it passed Small FFT's in Prime95 way over 16 hours (I stopped it) and here's one with the system fully configured, RAM on a Divider at 2-3-2-5-1T @ ~207mhz (The kit of RAM I have doesn't OC for crap.)

134125383.jpg

..So everything would appear good, right? Nope.. After submitting my Project from 3dMark06 to the ORB and comparing, I'm seriously at the bottom of barrel when it comes to people I'm comparing with. Here is a random entry from the middle of the list, and I get absolutely pulverised. Here are the shots:

134123339.jpg

134123331.jpg

Now, admittedly, I am a complete rookie when it comes to this overclocking stuff.. But even I spot some anomolies with those results:

I actually WIN in the CPU tests; yet get pulverised in all things VIDEO. The only major difference I can ever spot between my results and all of the high-scoring ones I compared to in ORB, is my super-low "Memory Clock Speed" for my Video Card. (Notice mine is only at 1096mhz while his is at 1255mhz) yet my Core Clock speed is considerabely higher!

I guess when I was following the DFI guides I might have missed something, or is there some reason my Video Card is performing so poorly?

How do I go about upping my Memory Clock speed so I'm on par with all these other people?

If you were to try and pinpoint the problem, what would it be? Think my Video Card needs to be RMA'ed?

I'm panicing here, and am really upset that I'm getting such crappy results :(

I'd really appreciate some helpful feedback, and some info on some steps in the right direction

Thanks, all :~(

Heh, you sure posted alot of info....

what was your score exactly?

with my old set up of a fx-57 and a 7800gt - I would get 3585..... so if you are around that, you are bang on. Most people on that site are serious tweakers and know what they are doing ;)

06 is a dual core monster, so with dual core.... it get better stock scores (but I did not have dual core when I had a 7800gt). I keep all my benchmarks, what are you 03,05 results (dual core is not a big factor). Then we can compare those scores, to see if you are on par.

If you are overclocking your video card, it may be pushed to far and throttling back

Heh, you sure posted alot of info....

what was your score exactly?

with my old set up of a fx-57 and a 7800gt - I would get 3585..... so if you are around that, you are bang on. Most people on that site are serious tweakers and know what they are doing ;)

06 is a dual core monster, so with dual core.... it get better stock scores (but I did not have dual core when I had a 7800gt). I keep all my benchmarks, what are you 03,05 results (dual core is not a big factor). Then we can compare those scores, to see if you are on par.

If you are overclocking your video card, it may be pushed to far and throttling back

Hey there, fellow Red Flagger (recognize your name from the forums heheh)

My score is on the second screenshot, its in the 3800's, whereas the person I'm comparing to has ~4150.. It's the first graph

I haven't done any manual overclocking of any sort of the video card yet (I don't even know how; I'd need help with that if I were to)

Thanks for the input

Cheers

Heh!

Hey

Well if I was getting 3500 with a fx57 and a 7800gt stock... and you are getting 3800, running a bit slower (2700 vs 2800)

I would say you are in great shape. I know a few tweaks to push your card al il further is you want....

but I would stay away from trying to compete with them guys ;0)

Its all in the setup. Your scores are normal.

aqua was 89,000

03 14,500

05 7150

06 3500 - dual core makes a HUGE score difference in this one.

Oh?

I see?

Guess I could be getting worked up over nothing.. But how the heck did that guy do 4100+ !

I guess upping the Memory Clock Speed on my video card to be similar to his wouldn't make a major difference? Just strange how his card kills mine, when it's probably not as good a card *shrug*

Thanks for the info so far, though, guys :-)

Higher memory, tweaker... clean machine, latest drivers

not that big of a difference....

and yes, you are freaking over nothing ;)

You have a very nice machine/score

You must get some crazy scores with that pimp rig.. How do you stack up against others when you go through ORB in '06?