Newegg.com + 7900GT = NIGHTMARE

UncleDavid218

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably abit off topic, but seems like i read many posts on how UPS service in US suck, but many in Canada say UPS is good.... including my own experience. theyre very professional and nice... i dunno if tat becoz the canadian branch got different people or whatnot, but i thought i share my experience... :)

jeez, i see uve edited ur 1st post, Dave...... backordered?? that mustve sucked. i agree wit the rest. just refund the damn thing and order one up from ncix.com or somewhere......

Yeah I think unless Newegg magically decides to upgrade me to a 7900 GTX there's no point in doing business with them in the near future. Listen, $300 may not be a lot to those of you with a good paying job and college education, but I'm still in highschool, so this is a big deal to me. I've spent $2500+ dollars there so I think I have earned the right to be treated that way.

Your right uncle david thats insanity. I get real impatient when there is problem when I pay money just like everyone else did and get the wrong thing. I know it isnt even close to the same as your situation but I jsut ordered a door from thermaltake and the dude entered the adress wrong. So it took two complete weeks for UPS 3 day shipping which cost 12.00. Sometimes these big companies can just plow right over you becasue they got so many orders they dont care. :)

Nothing in the world is perfect, including newegg. Overall, newegg has made mistakes with me, BUT overall pricing, shipping, prcoessing and product has been great.

Let's not turn this into a flame Newegg thread, but im all for a flame UPS thread :)

Well, they offer but you dont have to use it. I pay the extra few bucks and get my packages a day early and at 4:30 all the time!

Figure out what you are going to do with your problem? Id really push getting a coupon or discount on your next purchase.

The bottom line here guys, is that it appears Neweggs customer support is goin in the toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, like most others, strongly disagree. First, you are buying on line, which you give up that personal service. You do get great prices, and more effecient service when it comes to shipping than just about any retailer out there. There will be mistakes, but I'd not complain. I'm sure they'll do what they can do make it right.

In the case of shipping damages, yes, you should have contacted UPS about it, why blame Newegg??? :confused:

Guest GripS

I ordered from newegg recently as well. It looks like they switched from Fed-ex to UPS. The packages looked pretty bad but the contents were still in good shape. I also ordered from Monarch(which uses Fed-ex) and the boxes were in excellent shape.