GRAPHICS CARD OVERCLOCKING (Nvidia cards)

d3M0n

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewl. Instead of uploading it to the post I just referenced your post at the top of the guide. Nice work!!

Looks good d3M0n!

I compiled a PDF of the guide to make printing easier. You may want to upload it to the first post so people can see it and take advantage of it.

Hope it helps!

-Jordan

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update a previous post - After upgrading my CPU from an Opeteron 146 to a 165, I hit 8,223 in 3DMark06 with my two 7800GT cards at 550/1250. This is with 1.65V on the GPU's and 2.15V on the mem.

dual core CPU's alone will yield an extra 800-1000 points on 3Dmark06. They don't do jack for 05 though... 05 is more gfx oriented and 06 is more gfx + CPU based. And it isn't really gfx + CPU, its more like gfx plus physics capability. They are gearing up for 3Dmark07 and the new SLI physics and Aegia Physx card.

OK - 13,819 is the max I can do on '05 without pushing the volts any more. An interesting side note; the old 81.98 video driver yields better results than the new 84.21 version in '05 and vice versa in '06 - go figure.

All in all, I am perfectly happy with my current set-up - can run all video settings maxed in BF2 with 90-100 fps on most servers and I'm gone in that plane, helo, or tank before just about anyone else joins. :nod:

(now if I can just figure out how to stay alive in them :rolleyes: )

• 3 weeks later...

Great tutorial :nod:

I know I am brinning up the old and I am sorry BUT I want to know is it safe to flash the BIOS, I have saved a backup copy.

I have left the throttling on standard, so if the settings are too high and cannot boot or POST will it revert to the throttled settings?

Flashing a bios is never 100% guaranteed and if you have the settings too high you could kill your card... make sure you know the limits of your card! It won't necessarily revert to the throttle settings if you set it too high... a risk I wouldn't take if it were me really. In the end, only you can be the judge of what to do with your card. Just know there is no such thing as a "safe" bios flash and proceed with the proper caution.

Great tutorial :nod:

I know I am brinning up the old and I am sorry BUT I want to know is it safe to flash the BIOS, I have saved a backup copy.

I have left the throttling on standard, so if the settings are too high and cannot boot or POST will it revert to the throttled settings?

Hey I just bought some conductive ink and tryed out the 1.4v mod and wow. My settings on my MSI NX7900gt were

450mhz stock

all the way to

650mhz 1.4v ATItool stable over 3 hours

Im tempted to try 1.5v as I have the vf900 but I figure 200mhz faster is :nod: great, atleast for now. Thanks for posting the mod!

Ok, I done some changes and flashed (increased 3D V to 1.45V, set core to 510Mhz and mem to 660Mhz, GDC to 50) and that was all.

Anyway, I updated the drivers and went into the clock frequency settings in the settings and tested one Mhz setting lower than I had set and it failed and also in games and benchmarks it artifacts A LOT, I am only able to set it to what I was previously able to run... (490 and 655)

Did I forget to change something or can my card just not handle it?

Sorry but I am a n00b with GFX card BIOS OCs :O

This is probebly not the right place so I will make a new thread here